Cloud Computing is the practice of sharing a network of remote servers which are hosted on the Internet to store, process, and manage data rather than on a local server or a personal computer. It specifically refers to a common storage space through which all the devices in the network can access data simultaneously. The use of Cloud computing technology not only gives cost benefits but also makes applications accessible to all devices in the network at any time and from any location.
The global storage market has recorded revenues of $9.12 billion in 2012 with the growth rate of 16.7% as compared to the revenues in 2011. The major driver for the growth of global cloud computing market is its cost effective services. It has been estimated that an organization can save more than 35% of the annual cost by adopting cloud computing technology.
However, data security is the key restrain for the growth of cloud computing market as organizations believe that their data is more secure in the in-house data centers rather than on a virtual cloud network. Especially, the small and medium scale organizations are more skeptical about cloud technology, which leads to low adoption rate of the technology. The biggest challenge for the growth in the adoption rate of the cloud computing technology is to increase the awareness about its security aspects.
The giants involved in the most promising cloud computing market can be listed as Amazon Web Services, Akamai Technologies, Cisco Systems, Google Inc., IBM Corp, Hewlett Packet, Dell, Microsoft Corp., VM-Ware and Yahoo Inc.
Cloud Computing Technology Market Analysis by Services
The major services provided by cloud computing technology are Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). IaaS is most basic cloud computing model which provides physical or virtual machines and other resources. PaaS cloud providers deliver a computing platform such as operating system. Finally, SaaS cloud provides access to application software and databases.
Cloud Computing Technology Market Analysis by Type
The cloud computing technologies are of different types, namely Private cloud, Public cloud, Hybrid Cloud and community cloud. Private clouds cannot be accessed by anyone other than the authorized person and are the ones used by organizations for their personal information records. Public cloud can be accessible to all the devices using virtual cloud. Hybrid cloud is the combination of Private and Public cloud.
Cloud Computing Technology Market Analysis by Geography
Global cloud computing technology is segregated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW regions.
High Level Analysis
Report gives an overall view of the global cloud computing market. The global market is analyzed using Porter’s five force model and SWOT analysis. This analysis helps in visualization of strategies used by various players in the global cloud computing market. Drivers enabling the growth of cloud market, limiting factors and opportunities for the same are strategically dealt in this report. The various stakeholders involved in the value chain are thoroughly examined.
- Highlights decision making process by offering market analysis based on current market situation, expected future trends and market intelligence
- Identification of the market factors in various geographic regions to understand business opportunities
- Analysis of the market based on various segments and forecast of the same from 2013 to 2020 with 2012 as base year
- Identification of key investment pockets for various deployment types, services and geographies
- Identification of key players and their strategic moves
- Implications of the regulations across countries and their impact on the market
- Assessing and ranking of the top factors that are expected to affect the growth of the market
- Evaluation of market trends to provide deep-dive intelligence into every market segment
- Competitive analysis to effectively plan and execute business plans
- Micro level analysis based on deployment type, service and geography
REASONS FOR STUDY
Cloud computing technology involves major security concerns, which are the key restrains for low adoption rate in global cloud computing market. The report analyzes all such issues involved in the technology and highlights appropriate measures taken.
The global market analysis chiefly emphasizes on the drivers, constraints and opportunities for global cloud computing market.
The global cloud computing technology market is segregated based on Services, Types and Geographies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY SERVICES
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
MARKET BY TYPE
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Community Cloud
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Allied Market Research (AMR)
encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only
engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates
and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within
each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors
and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis
and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and
allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With AMR’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to:
Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
Analyst tools and models
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
AMR has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, AMR’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.