Phablets and superphones are advanced versions of smartphones and tablets that have a bigger display along with the features of phones and tablets. It is estimated that more than one billion smartphones were shipped in 2013, and it is projected that the market volumes would grow to 1.2 billion shipments in 2014. However, with the advances of phablets and superphones, smartphones are expected to take a backseat and phablets and superphones would rule the market in the future. Market projections state that phablets shipments grew from 25.6 million in 2012 to more than 60 million in 2013 and the market is expected to grow exponentially. The key driver for the growth of the market is that these devices have the features of phone as well as tablets; therefore, there is a change in end-user buying preference from smartphones and tablets to phablets. Additionally, technological advances have made the display quality of these devices superior than before, which is a key feature to enhance the market growth.
However, the operating phablets and superphones is a complex process which acts as a hindrance in the growth of the market. Moreover, the prices of these devices are high as compared to smartphones and tablets as these devices use a combination of both smartphones and tablets that adds to the cost. Even though the cost is currently high, it is expected that technological advances would lead to price correction, which presents better growth opportunities for the market in the future. The key challenge for companies in the market is to create a wide range of products which would lead to growth in the demand as consumers would have better options to choose products.
Some of the key players profiled in the report are Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sony Corporation, Motorola, Inc., ASUS, Inc., HTC Corporation, LG Display Co. Ltd., Micromax Ltd., Dell, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., and ZTE Corporation.
- The in-depth analysis provides market intelligence with respect to segments based on product types, operating systems and geographies
- Detailed analysis of the top factors impacting the growth of the market based on the current market scenario and projected market trends
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs about the role of all stakeholders of the market
- Porter’s five force analysis provides implications about the potency of suppliers & buyers, threat of new entrants & substitutes along with competitive scenario of the market
- SWOT analysis and recent developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can understand the competitive scenario of the market and make strategies for better market capitalization
- Estimations are calculated according to the current market scenario and projected future trends for the analysis period of 2013-2020 with base revenue of 2012
- The report discusses the trends and opportunities in various geographies so that companies can make region specific plans to gain competitive advantage
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
BY PRODUCT TYPE
BY OPERATING SYSTEM
- Mozilla firefox
- North America
- Rest of the World
- Smartphones and Tablet Manufacturers
- System Integrators and Software Developers
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Allied Market Research (AMR)
encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only
engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates
and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within
each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors
and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis
and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and
allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With AMR’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to:
Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
Analyst tools and models
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
AMR has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, AMR’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.