Ultracapacitor is an electrical component that can hold hundred times more charge quantity compared to a normal capacitor. Global capacitor market having a 2.5% CAGR is expected to touch $20.2 Billion revenue mark by 2018.
A major driver for ultracapacitor market is in electrical smart meters. The smart meters market has CAGR of 18.7% and the market is expected to reach a demand of 148 million units by 2018.
High initial cost can be considered as the main restraint for the growth of ultracapacitor market. Ultracapacitor batteries cost between $2400 to $5800 for each kWh energy storage, whereas, lithium ion batteries costs $500 to $1000.
The big players in this market are Cap-XX, Ioxus Inc, LS Mtron, Maxwell Technologies Inc, Nec-Tokin, Nesscap Co Ltd, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Supreme Power Solutions Co Ltd, Vinatech Co Ltd and Yunasko.
- A major source of information about nano technology, asymmetric ultracapacitors, electrolytes and electrodes which would give deep insights about present business scenario.
- Provides a projection for next eight years by considering values for 2012 as reference.
- Porter’s five forces and SWOT analysis would help in making strategic decisions
- Micro level analysis based on materials, applications and geographies.
- Providing comprehensive and quantitative data about changing market trends, competition and opportunities in wind turbines, electric and hybrid vehicles market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- North America
- Ultracapacitor module and equipment manufactures.
- Material suppliers and system integrators.
- Potential entrants interested in entering this market
- Experts and research institutes involved in study and analysis of ultracapacitors.
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Allied Market Research (AMR)
encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only
engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates
and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within
each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors
and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis
and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and
allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With AMR’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to:
Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
Analyst tools and models
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
AMR has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, AMR’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.