LED or light emitting diode is one of the most rapidly growing sectors of the semiconductor industry. LED has the added advantage of power saving, high efficiency, non-splintery, and others as compared to stereotype bulbs. Thus, manufacturers focus on LED design for appropriate packaging and for viability of the end product. In addition, the packaging type is dependent on distinct variety of LED. The most advanced technologies for LED packaging include plastic leaded chip carriers (PLCCs), ceramic holders, flip glass substrate, printed circuit boards (PCBs), and others.
LED packaging industries are gaining popularity in the market with high growth rate, owing to the fact that various LED products used in cruise ship lights, industrial, hospital, and residential lightning illuminate their facades. In addition, these provide immense revenue to the market leading to growth in end-use industry. Moreover, the market has witnessed high growth rate and is expected to continue this trend in the near future. However, highly competitive market and increase in number of manufacturers have led to complete permeation of the LED Packaging market.
The LED packaging market is segmented into type, packaging material, and application. Based on type, it is divided into Lamp-LED, TOP-LED, side-LED, SMD-LED, high-power-LED, and flip chip-LED. On the basis of packaging material, it is classified into paper & paperboard, plastic, nanoceramics, ceramic packages, silicones materials, and epoxy molding compound (EMC). Application includes televisions, cruise ship lights, automotive, portable electronics, advertisement, and home decor lighting. The prominent players operating in the LED packaging market include AlphaLED, Nichia Corporation, Samsung Corporation, OSRAM Light AG, Seoul Semiconductors Co. Ltd., Philips Corporation, Stanley Electric Co. Ltd., and Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the LED packaging market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial potential of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis is provided to gain clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders.
LED Packaging Market Key Segments
- Flip Chip-LED
By Packaging Material
- Paper & Paperboard
- Ceramic Packages
- Silicones Materials
- Epoxy Molding Compound (EMC)
- Cruise Ship Lights
- Portable Electronics
- Home Decor Lighting
- Nichia Corporation
- Samsung Corporation
- OSRAM Light AG
- Seoul Semiconductors Co. Ltd.
- Philips Corporation
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd.
- Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Cree Inc.
- Samsung Corporation