The computer system that can be used to display flight information in airports to the passengers is termed as airport information systems. A computer system is responsible for controlling either electronic or mechanical TV screens. The TV screen are usually located either around and inside a terminal. Besides this, a virtual version of the systems is available on the websites of the airports.
Key factor driving the airport information systems include growing passenger traffic. Besides this, rising need for real -time data sharing and association has also contributed to the growth of the market to a greater extent. In addition, increasing demand for risk management via information systems at the airport has kept the future of the market robust. However, information sharing regulations and rising cost involved in upgradation process has hindered the market growth. On the other hand, tremendous rise in personal mobile eco-systems are anticipated to create greater opportunities.
The market is segmented based on airport size, software, function, operation, cost and geography. Airport size discussed in the market research report are Class A, Class B, Class C and Class D. Furthermore, the software assessed in the market research report are passenger and non-passenger systems. Based on function the market the market is segmented as AOCC and DCS. The operations covered during the research includes airside and terminal side. Besides this, when focusing on the cost factor the study discusses about procurement, integration and operation. Regions experiencing tremendous growth are North America, Europe, Asia -Pacific and LAMEA
A closer look at the competitive landscape reveals that major IT brands are busy launching solutions and generating clients in the same month itself. Prominent market players are also seen acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge. Other business strategies favored by the companies include constant upgradation, joint ventures and collaborations. Key market players active in the market are Amadeus IT Group SA, SITA, Rockwell Collins, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, IBM, Siemens, RESA and Ikusi.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth, during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
AIRPORT INFORMATION SYSTEMS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Airport Information Systems Market By Airport Size
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
Airport Information Systems Market - By Software
- Passenger Systems
- Non-Passenger Systems
Airport Information Systems Market - By Function
Airport Information Systems Market - By Operation
- Terminal side
Airport Information Systems Market - By Cost
Airport Information Systems Market - Geography
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Amadeus IT Group SA
- Rockwell Collins, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation