Anterior uveitis is an eye inflammation that involves middle layer of the eye specifically, iris (colored part of the eye) and ciliary body (adjacent tissue). Untreated anterior uveitis results in loss of vision and permanent eye damage that arises with the development of infections such as glaucoma, retinal edema or cataract. Anterior uveitis can be treated with eye drops containing anti-inflammatory drugs. It usually responds well to treatment. However, there may be a tendency of the condition to re-occur. Uveitis remains a less-explored research indication that involves diverse therapeutics as treatment options including corticosteroids and biologics. Corticosteroids showed significant results to cure the condition and researchers are currently exploring biological therapies to treat anterior uveitis. Introduction of biologics such as Humira (Adalimumab) for the treatment uveitis is driving the growth of anterior uveitis market in Asia pacific. Exploring new drugs and expanding therapeutic applications of existing drugs to include and effectively treat uveitis offers significant growth opportunity for companies involved in uveitis market.
The Asia pacific anterior uveitis market is segmented on the basis of therapeutics and geography. Diverse range of therapeutics are used to treat anterior uveitis, which includes corticosteroids (prednisolone), anti-inflammatory drugs, antimetabolites (methotrexate), antidiabetics (metformin), biologics and other drugs. Anti-inflammatory drugs and glucocorticoids are primarily recommended treatment options to cure anterior uveitis. Focus of research companies on biological drugs is expected to fuel the market growth in near future. Geographically, the Asia Pacific anterior uveitis market is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia and others. High unmet healthcare needs and rising generic market potentiates the growth of anterior uveitis treatment in Asia pacific. Moreover, high prevalence of eye infections in Asia pacific region presents promising opportunity for drug manufacturers to invest in Asia pacific region.
Amdipharm Mercury Company Limited, Novartis AG and Santen pharmaceuticals are some of the key companies in Asia pacific anterior uveitis market. Key players of this market are focusing on clinical trials to commercialize their pipeline therapeutics to gain the competitive advantage.
- Widespread coverage of the Asia pacific anterior uveitis market including drivers, restrains and opportunities are listed in this report that would assist professionals to understand the market behavior
- Projections in this report are made by analyzing current market trends and the market potential for the analysis period 20142020, in terms of value
- A comprehensive analysis of different segments helps to recognize and explore promising prospects within the Asia pacific anterior uveitis market
- Porters five forces framework provided in the report examines the competitive structure of Asia pacific anterior uveitis market and helps in a strategic industry analysis
- A comprehensive assessment of key leaders, technological advances and a pipeline research conducted across the Asia pacific anterior uveitis market, would prove informative to professionals in corporate sector
- Ease of doing business analysis should help in making strategic business decisions
ASIA PACIFIC ANTERIOR UVEITIS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The Asia pacific anterior uveitis market is segmented into two categories Therapeutics and Geography.
- Corticosteroids (prednisolone)
- Anti-inflammatory agents
- Cycloplegics (atropine or homatropine)
- Antimetabolites (methotrexate)
- Anti-virals (aciclovir or valaciclovir)
- Anti-diabetic (metformin)
- Biologics (mAbs)
Asia Pacific Anterior Uveitis Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Alimera Sciences, Inc., Clearside Biomedical, Inc., Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., EyePoint Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bausch Health Companies Inc. (Bausch & Lomb Incorporated), AbbVie Inc., Novartis AG, Allergan Plc., Amgen Inc., Mylan N.V.