Global Aviation High Speed Motor Market Outlook 2030 –
High-speed motors in aviation are used for a variety of purposes, such as propulsion, flight control, transmission, and more. These motors have a higher power density and lower power voltage when compared with medium-speed motors. High-speed motors are used in a variety of aircraft systems. The use of high-speed electric motors to propel aircraft is likely to increase with the rise in demand for electric aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Furthermore, the increasing demand for low-carbon aircraft engines has encouraged aviation engine manufacturers to design and develop electric engines, which is anticipated to drive market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The motor manufacturing factories suffered a significant revenue loss as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, as they were forced to shut down for several days. The aviation industry has seen a massive revenue drop as a result of government restrictions on trade and travel, as well as decreased passenger demand for air travel. As a result of the revenue losses, new aircraft orders have been cancelled reducing demand for aviation high-speed motors mounted in aircraft. Supply chains disruptions and a scarcity of raw materials as a result of the pandemic are also a threat to the market expansion. This decline is attributed to the sudden supply interruptions from China, which is one of the largest suppliers of raw materials and finished products.
Top Impacting Factor
- Increase in procurement of new aircraft high speed motor to meet the rise in demand for air travel to boost the market, development of electric motors for commercial electric aircraft, and increase in usage of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for military applications are the major factors that drive the growth of the aviation high speed motor market
- Fluctuation of raw materials prices, and high maintenance cost limit the growth of the aviation high speed motor market.
- Increase in demand for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) & electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing (eVTOL) aircraft in commercial aviation industry, and development of electrically powered airplanes are the major opportunities of the aviation high speed motor market growth.
Increasing Procurement of New Aircraft High Speed Motor to Meet the Rising Demand for Air Travel to Boost the Market
The next generation of aircraft will have high-power density motors that use less energy. Electric motors are widely used in new aircraft models as they have environmental benefits. The increased number of airline passengers has accelerated the purchase of new aircraft., The International Flying Transport Association (IATA) predicts that, the total number of air passengers will increase by four-fold by the end of the year. Improved economic conditions in emerging nations have resulted in increased demand for air travel. As the demand for air travel increases, the number of aircraft flying hours rises .The increased stress on the high-speed motor has increased the frequency of aircraft speed motor inspection, which is expected to drive the growth of the aircraft high-speed motor market. Regular repair of aircraft components is also necessary to improve quality control, safety, and risk reduction. For instance, in 2019, NASA and General Electric agreed to collaborate on development of a new generation inverter for the NASA Advanced Air Vehicle Program (AAVP), which will enable large commercial aircraft to fly with electric propulsion in the future.
Growing Demand for UAVs & eVTOL Aircraft in Commercial Aviation Industry
Brush motors are found in majority of small drones, while brushless motors are found in larger drones. The continued development of Brushless motors to improve the overall efficiency of big Unmanned Aerial vehicles (UAVs) is expected to drive the market growth. Other drone motor technologies, such as counter-rotating motors, are more energy -efficient, consuming 20% to 50% less power. The market for aviation high-speed motors is expected to rise as the demand for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for various purposes such as surveying, mapping, monitoring, and others grows to reduce pollution. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and electric vertical Takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft have reduced fuel costs and pollution by eliminating the use of fossil fuels, the growing demand for electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing (eVTOL) air taxis is expected to foster the market growth. For instance, Ehang in October 2019 was collaborated with Vodafone for urban air mobility to provide connectivity and tracking to all eVTOL aircraft in Europe. These factors may provide lucrative opportunities for the global eVTOL aircraft market, in the coming years.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aviation high speed motor market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the aviation high speed motor market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario of aviation high speed motor market.
- The report provides a detailed aviation high speed motor market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Aviation High Speed Motor Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading players in the aviation high speed motor market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the aviation high speed motor market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the aviation high speed motor market?
- What are the future projections of aviation high speed motor market that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aviation High Speed Motor Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Windings Inc., Allied Motion Technologies, Siemens, NEMA Ltd., ARC Systems Inc., Safran Electrical & Power, MagniX, MGM COMPRO, H3X Technologies Inc., Xoar International LLC, EMRAX d.o.o.