Gene therapy is an experimental technique used for the treatment of cancer. It involves the replacement of mutated genes with healthy gens to fight against carcinogenic tumor cells. These therapies provide minimum side effects with maximum efficacy, which makes cancer gene therapy effective treatments for chronic diseases.
Factors such as rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in awareness of the populations, and advantages of cancer gene therapy over traditional chemotherapies drive the market growth. In addition, increase in government support and rise in biotechnological funding fuel the growth of the cancer gene therapy market. However, wrong cell targeting and unwanted immune responses are expected to restrain the market growth.
The cancer gene therapy market is segmented based on therapy, end user, and geography. By therapy, it is categorized into gene induced immunotherapy, oncolytic virotherapy, and gene transfer/gene replacement. Based on end user, it is classified into hospitals, diagnostics centers, and research institutes. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Market Benefits
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global cancer gene therapy market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to determine various products available in the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive market outlook.
Cancer Gene Therapy Market Key Segments:
- Gene Induced Immunotherapy
- Delivery of Cytokine Gene
- Delivery of Tumor Antigen Gene
- Oncolytic Virotherapy
- Adeno Associated Virus
- Herpes Simplex Virus
- Vaccinia Virus
- Simian Virus
- Gene Transfer/Gene Replacement
- Naked/Plasmid Vectors
- Gene Gun
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of Players Profiled in the Report
- Cell Genesys
- Celgene and Epeius Biotechnologies
- Introgen Therapeutics
- Ziopharm Oncology
- Shenzhen SiBiono GeneTech
- Genelux Corporation
- Altor Bioscience