Cell based assays make use of live cells for different experiments or assays that measure toxicity, motility, cell proliferation, production of a measurable product, and morphology. Cell based assays provide precise representation of the real-life model and advantage of a dynamic experiment through monitoring the behavior of the live cells. Cell based assays are highly used in drug discovery and toxicity testing.
Cell based assays market is in an emerging state mainly due to increase in activities like drug discovery, government expenditure and technological advancement. In addition, the market is driven by the rising public and private investments, grants and funds for the development of more advanced technologies in the field of research and development. Conversely, high cost associated with the instruments and process, lack of skilled professionals and rigid intellectual property rights are major factors restraining the market growth.
The market is segmented based on product, application, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is segmented into reagents and assay kits, cell lines, consumables, microplates, instruments, services, software and others. Based on application, market is segmented into drug discovery, ADME process, predictive toxicology and others. Based on end user, it is bifurcated into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, government & academic institutes, research organizations and others. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as Argos Soditic has acquired Cisbio Bioassays in November 2013 creating a high growth in cell based assays market.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the world cell based assays market such as Becton, Dickinson and Company, Cisbio Bioassays, Cell Signaling Technology, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd., Discoverx Corporation, Merck & Co., Inc., Promega Corporation, Perkinelmer, Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth analysis of the market is done based on quantitative analysis and market estimations of the key segments from 2014 to 2022.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world cell based assays market.
- The projections in the report are based on the current market trends and future estimations, in terms of value, from 2014 to 2022.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by product and application helps in understanding the different aspects of cell based assays market that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments is provided with key dynamic factors that help in understanding the market behavior.
CELL BASED ASSAYS MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Reagents and Assay Kits
- Cell Lines
- Drug Discovery
- ADME Process
- Predictive Toxicology
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Government & Academic Institutes
- Research Organizations
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa