Cold plasma, also referred as non-equilibrium plasma or non-thermal plasma is a classification of plasma, and is considered as the fourth state of matter. It has numerous applications in bioengineering, medical, and therapeutics. Cold plasma is used for sterilization of biomedical surfaces, treatment of living biological tissues, and surface modification of biomedical devices and materials, owing to its antimicrobial & bactericidal properties.
The global cold plasma market is driven by less requirement of water for the process reducing the waste water treatment cost; medical applications, such as enhancement of tissue repair, control of bleeding, destruction of cancer cells; and its application in packaging industries. However, huge capital incurred for implementing cold plasma technology is a key hindrance for the market. Conversely, the growing need for medical research for developing treatment of lung, bladder, skin, and breast cancer offers lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
The global cold plasma market is segmented based on industrial application, regime, and region. On the basis of application, it is classified into medical and food & agriculture industry. On the basis of regime, it is categorized into low pressure cold plasma and atmospheric cold plasma. The market is analyzed across four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Baxter International Inc., 3M Company, Covidien PLC. (Medtronic plc.), Coloplast A/S, Smith & Nephew plc., Nordson Corporation, Plasma Etch, Inc., Adtech Plasma Technology Co., Ltd., and P2i Ltd.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global cold plasma market along with the regional trend and future estimations
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
Cold Plasma Market Key Segments:
- Medical Industry
- Wound Healing
- Cancer Treatment
- Blood Coagulation
- Food & Agriculture Industry
- Packaging Decontamination
- Food Surface Decontamination
- Wastewater Treatment
- Seed Germination
- Low Pressure Cold Plasma
- Atmospheric Cold Plasma
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA