Cold is an infectious disease that affects the respiratory system. The common symptoms for cold include sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Cold remedies are used to treat cold in immunosuppressed individuals. The composition of many cold medicines are same and therefore taking too much of certain medication can lead to drug resistance or serious injury.
Rise in geriatric population, demand for effective combination products, and switch from Rx to OTC category drive the market. However, competition faced by international players due to drugs from local manufacturers and natural remedies restrain the market growth. Favorable regulations and opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA due to availability of large patient pools provide growth prospects for the market.
The report segments the global cold remedies market based on drug type, dosage type, end user, and region. Based on drug type, it is divided into antihistamines, expectorants, bronchodilators, decongestants, antibiotics, and others. Based on dosage type, it is classified into oral syrups, tablets/pills, nasal drops, lozenges, and others.
By distribution channel, it is categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, and e-commerce/online pharmacies. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players operating in the market include Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Bayer AG, AstraZeneca plc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc., and Procter & Gamble Co.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps determine the prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Cold Remedies Market Key Segments:
By Drug Type
By Dosage Type
- Oral Syrups
- Nasal Drops
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- e-Commerce/Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA