Data centre fabric also termed as unified fabric is an architecture in which the set of nodes and links are connected to each other, which looks like a fabric collectively. In a network, this fabric altogether connects thousands of storage devices and servers. This architecture ensures that every connected device is only a single hop away from the other device. This helps in supporting the data centers by decreasing the switching time and multiple hops between the devices. Reducing the number of hops increases the efficiency of the data centre.
This market is emerging, as the use of new technologies such as cloud computing, big data analytics and data centre virtualization is increasing. Hence, these are some of the driving factors for this emerging industry. The detailed study of this market will give insights of the global scenario. Security and scalability are the major challenges in this industry, as the volume of data is increasing day-by-day. With the use of data centre architecture specialization, this market has numerous opportunities in the global market.
Data Centre Fabric market analysis by Solutions
The various solutions provided by the players in the market are storage area network (SAN), switching, routing, network security, and management software.
Data Centre Fabric market analysis by Application
The various solutions provided by the market players are used in different applications. These applications are banking & financial services, High tech industries, insurance industry, retail, government, education and health sectors. These solutions are mainly used in high tech industries where the amount of data stored is more.
Data Centre Fabric market analysis by End User
The various end users for this market are telecom service providers (TSPs), enterprises, and cloud service providers (CSPs).
Data Centre Fabric market analysis by Geography
The global market could be analyzed by the study of major regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
The players in the market are adopting the product launch as their competitive strategy. As one of the market players, Huawei has come up with the open cloud fabric and ecosystem strategy for the data centers.
The major players in the market are Huawei, Juniper, Cisco, Avaya, Arista Networs, HP, Extreme Networks and Dell.
High Level Analysis
The research provides widespread view of the global market. Porter’s five force model helps in identifying stakeholders and their strategic moves. The bargaining power of buyer is relatively high, as various companies are extending their services to the customers. Since there is no one key player dominating the market, the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The threat of substitutes is low and inter-firm rivalry is high. The threat of new entrants is high. The value chain analysis includes mapping of operational activities and assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations to reduce costs and improve quality. This would benefit the new entrants in knowing the value chain of the existing market.
- Porter’s five force’s model helps in analyzing the potential of buyers & suppliers, and the competitive sketch of the market, which would guide the market players to develop strategies accordingly
- Assessments are made according to the current business scenario and the future market structure & trends are forecast for the period 2014-2020 with the base figures of the year 2013
- The analysis gives a wider view of the global market including its market trends, market structure, limiting factors and opportunities
- The advantages of the market are analyzed to help the stakeholders identify the opportunistic areas in a comprehensive manner
- The value chain analysis provides a systematic study on the key intermediaries involved, which would in turn help the stakeholders in the market to make appropriate strategies
DATA CENTER FABRIC MARKET KEY DELIVERABLES
The global market has been segmented by solutions, applications, end users and geography.
MARKET BY SOLUTIONS
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Network Security
- Management Software
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Banking & Financial Services
- High tech Industries
- Insurance Industry
- Education and Health Sectors
MARKET BY END USERS
- Telecom Service Providers (TSPs
- Cloud Service Providers (CSPs)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America