Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) are semiconductor devices that are built around a matrix of configurable logic blocks (CLBs) linked via programmable interconnects. A field programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit that can be programed later in the field after manufacture. Field programmable gate arrays are similar to programmable read-only memory (PROM), however, with much wider and vast potential. The greatest advantage of this chip is that it can be programed and re-programed if there is the necessity for an update. This means that the users can tailor the circuits according to their needs. The greatest advantage of using the chip is that the circuit need not to be changed. This helps reduce the cost involved in buying a new machine with the change in process.
The FPGA is flexible, involves reduced development time, efficient, consumes low power than microprocessor, and low on non-recurrent engineering (NRE) cost. These factors boost the market growth. There is a great potential for reduction of cost and development of security level using the field programmable gate array which is expected to provide lucrative opportunity to the market. However, the arrays are slower than Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) or other equivalent ICs and are expensive. The design process is also complex. These factors limit the market growth.
The market for global field programmable gate array is segmented into application, configuration, and architecture. The application is divided into data processing, industrial, automotive, consumer electronics, telecom, aerospace & defense, and others. Based on configuration, it is classified into high-end, mid-range, and low-end FPGA. On the basis of architecture, the FPGA market is segmented as SRAM based, anti-fuse based, and flash-based FPGA.
The key players mentioned in the report are Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, Altera Corporation, ARM Ltd., Atmel Corporation, Cypress Semiconductors Corporation, Teledyne e2v Ltd., Lattice Semiconductor, Microsemi Corporation, QuickLogic Corporation, and Xilinx Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global field programmable gate array market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market helps understand the market that are currently using the technology along with the variants and market that would gain prominence in the future.
- This report elucidates the competitive intelligence which in turn helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Field Programmable Gate Array Market Key Segmentation
- Data processing
- Consumer electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- High-end FPGA
- Mid-range FPGA
- Low-end FPGA
- SRAM-based FPGA
- Anti-fuse based FPGA
- Flash-based FPGA
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific.
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Achronix Semiconductor Corporation.
- Altera Corporation.
- ARM ltd.
- Atmel Corporation.
- Cypress Semiconductors Corporation.
- Teledyne e2v Ltd.
- Lattice Semiconductor.
- Microsemi Corporation.
- QuickLogic Corporation.
- Xilinx Inc.