Flexible display is rollable display which is unbreakable, thin and flexible in nature. The global display market is expected to reach $164.24 billion, by 2017. Manufacturers and consumers alike, strive to have displays that do not have limitations of glass-based display such as ruggedness, size, and weight. Flexible display will overcome all these drawbacks; this is major driving factor that attracts manufacturers to use flexible display in various application segments such as smart phones, TV, digital signage and e-paper. Stress introduced while rolling the display may reduce efficiency of the device and may lead to damage of the device. It is a challenge for the manufactures to use flexible OLED display in various devices, as the material used in OLED flexible display is sensitive to moisture and air; that hampers the performance of device.
Key companies profiled in this report are Atmel co, Delta electronics, Dupont display, Hewlett-Packard Company, LG display, Nokia, Philips Electronics, Samsung, Sony Corporation, and Visonox.
- Top winning strategies are analyzed from company’s recent product launch and market trends
- Porter’s five forces model helps the manufacturers to understand bargaining power of the buyers and suppliers, threat of new entrance and substitutes for the product
- Value chain analysis helps to understand the role of stakeholders in flexible display market
- Report helps to analyze the trends, opportunities in various geographic regions that help the companies to plan region specific trends
- Estimations are calculated by considering trends of the market in 2012- 2013, and market scenario for analysis period 2012-2020
- Top investment pockets are discussed for flexible display application market that gives market attractiveness and growth rate.
KEY MARKETS SEGMENTS
- Organic material
- Conductive layer
- Backlight panel
- Display technology
- Display manufacturing technology
- Flat panel display technology
- Plasma display technology
- Smart phones
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Technology investors
- Flexible display manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers
- Research academies