Geotextiles, when used in association with soil have the ability to filter, separate, reinforce, drain or protect. Geotextiles are generally permeable fabrics and are made of polyester. Three major forms of geotextiles are needle punched, woven or heat bonded. Major applications of geotextiles are in environmental and geotechnical engineering such as road construction, embankments, canals, dams, railroads among others. Moreover, geotextiles are generally used as an alternative to granular soil filters. According to ASAE (Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Biological Systems), geotextile is “A permeable geosynthetic comprised solely of textiles. Geotextiles are used with foundation, soil, rock, earth, or any other geotechnical engineering-related material as an integral part of human-made project, structure, or system.” Geotextile is an emerging segment of the geosynthetic market.
Currently, the world geotextiles market is witnessing a rapid growth due to stringent government regulations on the commercial use of geotextiles. Moreover, due to various functional advantages over other materials, global demand for geotextiles is increasing which in turn is driving the overall market. Furthermore, increasing population, rapid urbanization and increasing investments in infrastructural developments are some major factors fueling the growth of the world geotextiles market. On the other hand, less awareness among consumers and less abundance of raw materials are some key factors hampering the growth of the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of product type, material type, application and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into non-woven, woven and knitted. On the basis of material type, the market is segmented into polypropylene, polyester, polyethylene and others. Considering application, the market is segmented into road construction, erosion control, drainage & sanitation and others. Geographically, the world geotextile market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Major companies involved in the production of geotextiles are focusing on innovation in new product development and acquisitions with local as well as established global players to strengthen their market reach and distribution network across the globe. Key players profiled in this report are Royal Ten Cate Corporate EMEA, GSE Holdings Inc., Low & Bonar PLC., Fibertex Nonwovens A/S, Tenax, Huesker Synthetic GmbH, CTM GEO Synthetics, Leggett & Platt Incorporated, The Dow Chemical Company and Kaytech Engineered Fabrics.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and opportunities in the world geotextile market.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into key regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- The report facilitates with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of current market estimations for the forecast period, 2014 ‐ 2022, which assists in evaluating the existing and upcoming market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world geotextile market is provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading producers and suppliers of geotextiles) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- The report furnishes key insights on strategic analysis of various companies as well as the value chain for geotextiles.
GEOTEXTILE MARKET SEGMENTS
Geotextile Market ‐ By Product Type
Geotextile Market ‐ By Material Type
Geotextile Market ‐ By Application
- Road Construction
- Erosion Control
Geotextile Market ‐ By Geography
- North America