Glass cockpit display consists of a cluster of many display screens forming a display panel. It is used in the cockpit of every aircraft, whether big or small.
Glass cockpit displays for aerospace market are preferred since they are light weight, have more functionality and higher accuracy, enhanced safety and quick response to situational changes. Easy automation of flight controls along with enhanced safety are other key factors that will boost the market growth. Increased complexity and occurrence of display blackout owing to sudden system failure are factors that will hinder the adoption of glass cockpit hence will hamper the growth of the market. Adoption of high-end technologies such as touchscreen displays along with rising demand of aircrafts by airlines, are the major growth opportunities for the glass cockpit displays in aerospace industry. Adequate pilot training to equip pilot in handling glass cockpit displays is a key market challenge that needs to be overcome by key market players.
The report segments the market on the basis of aircraft type, display type, display size and geography. On the basis of types, the report is segmented into cargo aircraft, fighter aircraft, helicopter, air transport, trainer aircraft, general aviation and business jet. On the basis of display types, the market is segmented into primary flight display, multi-function display, backup display, and mission display. On the basis of display size, the report is segmented into less than 5 inches, inches to 10 inches and greater than 10 inches. On the basis of geography, the report is segmented into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
Prominent market players profiled in this market are Aspen Avionics, Inc., Avidyne Corporation, Dynon Avionics, Elbit Systems Ltd., Esterline Technologies Corporation, Garmin Ltd., Honeywell Aerospace, Inc., L-3 Communication Holdings, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Inc., Thales SA, and Universal Avionics Systems Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market across the globe.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
- Tools such as Porters Five Forces model help in understanding the potentiality of key buyers and sellers.
Glass Cockpit for Aerospace Market Key Segments:
By Aircraft Type
- Cargo Aircraft
- Fighter Aircraft
- Air Transport
- Trainer Aircraft
- General Aviation
- Business Jet
By Display Type
- Primary Flight Display
- Multi-Function Display
- Backup Display
- Mission Display
By Display Size
- Less Than 5 Inches
- Inches to 10 Inches
- Greater Than 10 Inches
- Rest of the World