Healthcare Middleware Market Outlook
Middleware is a software that provides services to software applications that cannot be obtained from operating systems. Middleware manages interaction between disparate applications across heterogeneous computing platforms. Middleware software is intermediary and used in complex environments such as healthcare and is essential to enterprise application integration (EAI). EAI is essential for healthcare organizations so applications with different purposes can communicate and share data with one another. The healthcare industry has mostly focused on using middleware to improve electronic health record (EHR) interoperability and clinical workflows. Middleware is needed to help better connect EHRs with other health IT systems to gain more insight into patient health. Healthcare middleware plays a critical role in collecting data into a single database and developing an interface for various EHRs, giving organizations the ability to respond and comply with new technologies that would be inevitably introduced in the health IT infrastructure.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The National Health Service (NHS) at home programme provides cystic fibrosis patients a home spirometers and coronavirus patients an oximeter and integrated with an app to monitor their condition from home and share information with clinicians remotely.
- With the fall in demand for products related to orthopaedics and general surgery apparatus manufacturers and suppliers of medical equipment are facing an urgent rise in demand for products needed to fight the pandemic and are under pressure for creating flexible capacity to supply urgently needed equipment disrupting supply chain in healthcare facilities.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in integration of electronic devices such as mobile phones and laptops in the healthcare system is drives growth of healthcare application in the healthcare middleware market. Some other factors that drive the demand for the healthcare middleware market are need for data interoperability, increase in application of big data, and substantial increase in healthcare investments. In addition, increase demand for middleware solutions for auto-verification of the clinical data and reanalysing data accuracy boost demand for healthcare middleware. However, factors such as concerns over patient’s data security, owing to cloud hosting and inconsistent data hinder growth of the healthcare middleware market. Contrarily, several advantages offered by middleware to improve quality of care and reduce patient investment costs are encouraging healthcare leaders to opt for middleware in their units, which is expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
Middleware allows integration with mobile device
Middleware platforms are able to be transmitted to smartphones and other mobile devices, allowing physicians to receive alerts with patient information. Middleware providing mobile access can enhance efficiency in hospitals by eliminating steps where physicians have to find a terminal, log in, and review patient information before making a decision. This, in turn, boosts efficiency of hospital working system by saving the time. Thus, owing to this advantage, healthcare middleware is expected to witness growth in demand during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global healthcare middleware industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global healthcare middleware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the middleware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global healthcare middleware market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Healthcare Middleware Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Epic Systems Corporation, Tibco Software, Software AG, Corepoint Health, Cerner Corporation, IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., InterSystems Corporation