High-pressure processing (HPP) technology is widely used in the food industry for sterilization purposes. HPP, also known as pascalization, is analogous to pasteurization of milk. In this process, food items are exposed to maximum level of isostatic pressure exerted by water. This high pressure eliminates bacteria, viruses, and other organisms, which may degrade the food, thus increasing both safety & shelf life of the food. HPP is also less destructive than thermal treatment as key food quality components, such as vitamins and flavor compounds, associated with fresh unprocessed food remain largely unaffected. Due to these added benefits of HPP, the technology is gaining traction among global food giants.
The fruits & vegetables processing sector was the market leader followed by the meat processing industry till 2015. The increased consumption of packaged food and growth in demand for ready-to-eat foods drive the market growth. However, high capital investment and stringent food security norms may restrict this growth. However, focus of governments to develop efficient food processing technologies provides numerous opportunities for market development.
The report segments the high-pressure processing equipment market on the basis of application, end user, orientation type, vessel volume, and geography. The applications covered in the report are fruits & vegetables, meat, juice & beverages, and seafood. Based on end user, the market is bifurcated into food & beverages and pharmaceutical industries. Based on orientation type, it is divided into horizontal and vertical. The vessel volume segment includes less than 100 L, 100-250 L, 250-500 L, and more than 500 L. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides a comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players such as Avure Technologies Inc. (US), Universal Pasteurization Co., Multivac Sepp Haggenmuller SE & Co. KG, Bao Tou KeFa High Pressure Technology Co. Ltd. (China), Hiperbaric Espana (Spain), Kobe Steel Ltd. (Japan), CHIC FresherTech, Hyperbaric SA, ThyssenKrupp AG (Germany), and Stansted Fluid Power Ltd. (UK).
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics between 2016 and 2023 of the high-pressure processing equipment market.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of high-pressure processing equipment) assists in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- The report provides key information related to drives and restrains impacting the market.
- Industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to provide a competitive outlook of the industry trends.
High-pressure Processing Equipment Market Key Segments
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Juice & Beverages
By End User
- Food & Beverages Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
By Orientation Type
By Vessel Volume
- Less than 100 L
- 100-250 L
- 250-500 L
- More than 500 L
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain include:
- Elmhurst Research Inc.
- American Isostatic Process Inc.
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on client request.