Instrument panel, also known as the dash board, is the control panel that holds various instruments, in a car or an airplane or in any machine that operates automatically. It helps to monitor and control various activities, such as detection of the speed, amount of fuel left in a car, measurement of the altitude, navigation guidance for a plane, detection of the faults in a product and its removal from the batch, measurement and regulation of temperature inside a furnace by set of predefined programs, and others. All the instruments that can be seen while seated in a car or airplane, for example the speedometer, the fuel gauge, odometer, door lamp, seatbelt lamp, and others, are all carved in the instrument panel. Instrument panel consists more than half of the cables of any vehicle. In addition, various kinds of displays and switches to control an offbeat across different machines used in the automation industry are fitted in the instrument panel.
Due to the increase in disposable income of the population globally, there is a stiff rise in the purchase of passenger vehicles with a change in the mode of travelling, specifically preference towards airplanes. These changing dynamics result in higher consumption of instrument panels. Moreover, the growth in concerns for strengthening the defense sector by the countries globally has led to the induction of more fighter jets, cargo planes, and ships into its defense portfolio. These changes are happening rapidly, which is expected to open up huge scope for instrument panel market both in the developed and in the developing countries. However, the changing demand that the instrument panel should not injure the occupant in case of collision, restrictions in the type of materials used, huge investments in R&D are some of the reasons that restrain the instrument panel market growth. This resulted in change in the design of the traditional instrument panel that could also get eliminated in the future by some state-of-the-art designs, such as the active windows also known as head up displays.
The market for instrument panel is segmented by end-user, application and region. On the basis of end user, it is classified into OEM and aftermarket. Based on applications the market is segmented into automobile, aerospace & defense, marine, industrial and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. The key players operating the instrument panel market are Calsonic Kansei Corporation, Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co. Ltd., Faurecia, IAC Group LLC, Johnson Controls International Plc, Leon Plastics, Inc., Reydel Automotive SAS, Toyoda Machinery, Visteon Corporation, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends, dynamics, and estimations for the key market segments in the global instrument panel market from 2017 to 2023.
- Region wise, the instrument panel market is analyzed based on various regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global instrument panel market by type and end user helps to understand the instruments that are currently used and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- This report presents competitive intelligence of the market to understand the competitive scenario across the countries globally.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific.
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
- IAC Group LLC
- Johnson Controls International Plc
- Leon Plastics, Inc
- Reydel Automotive SAS
- Toyoda Machinery
- Visteon Corporation
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors