Intelligent hearing protection devices (IHPDs) minimize noise exposure level and the risk of hearing loss, especially in extreme noise environments and remote work sites. However, understanding communications in extreme noise and at work sites is challenging while wearing hearing protection. Thus, with extreme protection a worker cannot hear and is vulnerable to other safety hazards, whereas inadequately protected workers are at a higher risk for noise-induced hearing loss. Therefore, intelligent hearing protection is essential to safeguard working professionals, provide situational awareness, and to streamline the process flow.
The growth of the global IHPD market is driven by rise in employment rates in industrial sectors such as oil & gas industry, aviation, and others. Furthermore, increase in hearing loss caused by occupational noise, rise in construction activities, and development of sound amplification earmuffs are anticipated to supplement the market growth during the forecast period. However, introduction of custom-made ear plugs & other alternative solutions is anticipated to restrict the growth of this market.
The global IHPD market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into ear plugs and earmuffs. Applications covered in this study include aviation, oil & gas industry, construction, manufacturing, defense & law enforcement, and consumer industries. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and subsegment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as 3M Company, Honeywell, Phonak, SensGard LLC, Etymotic Research, Inc., Hellberg Safety, Hunter Electronics Ltd., Sensear, Silenta, and Starkey Hearing Technologies are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of IHPDs in industrial settings.
Intelligent Hearing Protection Device (IHPD) Market Key Segments:
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Defense & Law Enforcement
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA