IoT Middleware Market Statistics
Internet of Things (IoT) middleware is software that serves as an interface between components of the IoT, making communication possible among elements that would not otherwise be capable to interface in integrated technologies. IoT middleware deals with the structure, format and encoding of the information that is being exchanged between different layers, devices and sensors. IoT middleware will act as a common standard amongst the diversity of devices, sensors, OS and applications that will make up the IoT ecosystem architecture. Also, it will serve APIs for physical layer communication, without exposing anything to the upper layers. Also, IoT middleware has a role to play in security of the applications that are integrated with the middleware. IoT solutions should incorporate access control and data authentication while maintaining the privacy of users and devices.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- To track the spread of Covid-19, Google and Apple announced in April that they would work together in a partnership to build an opt-in program for Android or iOS users. This opt-in program for developers will use Bluetooth method to encrypt tokens to track people as they pass other people.
- In healthcare facilities the IoT enabled monitoring systems is working by producing real-time patient tracking data to ensure faster decision making which is crucial for containing a virus outbreak of such length and gravity.
- In April 2020, it is announced that Telenor Connexion's network, Ericsson IoT Accelerator for global connectivity, and Sony Network Communications Europe's smart IoT services, the three partners are collaborating to enhance real-time location and tracking solutions for different sectors especially healthcare.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing adoption of IoT technology across the industry verticals is one of the key drivers for IoT middleware market. Rising adoption of cloud of things technology in organizations to address the problem of data storage and management is driving the demand for integration of middleware in IoT technology market. Also, increasing need of centralized monitoring and evolution of high network technologies are some other factors driving the growth of IoT middleware market. The rising trend of smart homes, connected cities & factories, connected cars, wearables, consumer electronics, and others are creating a significant demand for IoT middleware market. However, lack of knowledge of IoT benefits, is hampering the adoption of IoT middleware market. Contrarily, the increasing government initiatives and investments in projects such as smart cities and automation is expected to fuel the growth of IoT middleware market in the forecasted years.
Rise of IoT middleware in manufacturing industry
IoT enables manufacturers to connect machinery and control systems together, allowing them to get a deep insight into the manufacturing process, which is expected to fuel the adoption of IoT middleware in manufacturing industry. The growing acceptance of industrial technology have surged IoT in manufacturing, a growing number of machine to machine connections, and the increasing need for factory efficiency on the floor, as well as on the field. The role of IoT has been increasing particularly for the manufacturing companies that have adopted automated solutions. By connecting devices and processes together, manufacturers can enable workflow automation to optimize production processes without human intervention. The meticulous workflow of an entire manufacturing process requires smart support systems, which can organize different processes and optimize the output, efficiently, thus organizations are adopting IoT middleware.
Rise in cloud of things
In order to address some of the issues related to data storage and management, cloud computing emerged to IoT as Cloud of Things (CoT), which provides virtually unlimited cloud services storage to enhance the large-scale IoT platforms efficiency. However, the heterogeneity of different objects remains one of the problems in the implementation of CoT platforms, hindering the adoption of cloud computing technology in organizations. Heterogeneity of different objects can be addressed by the deployment of appropriate middleware, which acts as a communication platform among components with different interfaces, driving the demand of IoT middleware market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global IoT middleware industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global IoT middleware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global IoT middleware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
IoT Middleware Market Report Highlights
By Platform Type
By Organization Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Oracle Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, General Electric, Salesforce, Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, IBM Corporation, SAP SE, Cisco System, Inc.