Nanofiltration membrane is used in various applications to remove dissolved solids from water. The membrane selectively removes ions with higher charge such as magnesium or calcium than ions having low charge such as chloride or sodium. This selectivity results in lower pressure operation as osmotic pressure requirement is kept low, which offers pressure vessel material savings and energy savings. Nanofiltration membranes are utilized in lactose production from cheese whey to purify and concentrate lactose stream. They are also employed in water treatment for hardness removal, color reduction, and pesticide elimination.
Increase in adoption of nanofiltration membranes in wastewater treatment and water purification as these membranes operate on low pressure and provide higher filtration rate majorly drives the market growth. Stringent environment regulations associated with water pollution, rapid industrialization across developing countries, and increase in population in water stressed areas are other factors, which supplement market growth. However high installation & operational costs and lack of funds in the emerging economies such as India restrict market growth. Nevertheless, increase in use of chemical free water treatment procedures across various industries provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the nanofiltration membrane market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into polymeric, inorganic, and hybrid. According to application, the market is classified into water & wastewater treatment, food & beverages, chemical & petrochemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, textiles, agriculture, and others. Others include metalworking and solid waste management. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as product launch, mergers, acquisition, and expansion to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the competitive market. In March 2017, Koch Membrane Systems Inc. launched Causti-COR nanofiltration systems. These systems are especially designed to purify and recover caustic for reuse in industrial and food & beverage applications.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- Alfa Laval AB
- Argonide Advanced Water Filtration Systems
- GEA Filtration
- Hyflux Ltd
- Inopor GmbH
- Koch Membrane Systems Inc.
- Nitto Group
- Pall Corporation
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global nanofiltration membrane market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Nanofiltration Membrane Market Key Segments:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverages
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Others (Metalworking and Solid Waste Management)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA