Ophthalmology devices deals with the physiology and diseases of eyes. Ophthalmic devices cover wide range of design types such as glasses, contact lenses, implants, surgical instruments and many others. These devices found applications in diagnosis of eye related diseases such as eyelid abnormalities, retinal disease, cataract, haloes, distorted vision. In recent years, need for ophthalmic devices have increased three-fold due to increases in eye related disorders. For instance, in U.S. around 24.4 million people suffered from cataract in 2015. Each year around 2.4 million eye injuries are reported in U.S. These incidences have also raised the demand for ophthalmologists and in 2015, number of ophthalmologists were found to be 19,216 in U.S. and 213,459 worldwide.
Factors driving the growth of the market are rising ageing population, high prevalence of eye injuries in people from 18-45 age and technological advancement. Moreover, presence of well-established distribution channels, rising awareness and adoption of ophthalmological devices are fuelling the growth of the market. However, lack of healthcare insurance, poor primary healthcare infrastructure and uncertain reimbursement policies are restraining the growth of the market. In addition, rise in emerging economies provide avenues to opportunities for growth of the market.
The report segments the market by product type, end user, diseases and geography. On the basis of product type, market is segmented to surgical, diagnostics, monitoring and vision care devices. By end user, the market is further segmented to healthcare service providers, medical institutes, hospitals and research institutions. In terms of diseases, market is further segmented to cataract, glaucoma, refractor disorders and vitero retinal disorders. Geographically, the market is analysed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Healthcare giants are undergoing partnerships, launches, collaborations, acquisitions for the development of the ophthalmology market. VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies, Inc., entered into partnership in 2016 with BrightFocus Foundation to enhance research in advanced age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Moreover, Alcon Global, a division of Novartis have launched Dailies Total1 multifocal contact lenses in 2016. These developments by market giants are building competitive edge among key market players.
Some of the key players of ophthalmology market are VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies, Inc., Alcon Inc., Abbott Medical Optics Inc., Essilor International S.A., Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, Inc., Nidek Co. Ltd., Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG, Haag-Streit AG and Topcon Corporation.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global ophthalmology devices market.
- Geographically, the ophthalmology devices market is analyzed based on various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global ophthalmology devices market is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research, competitive landscape and clinical developments within ophthalmology devices market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Key market players within ophthalmology devices market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global ophthalmology devices.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Product Type
- Refractive Surgery Devices
- Excimer Lasers
- Femtosecond Lasers
- Cataract Surgery Device
- Intraocular Lenses (IOLs)
- Ophthalmic Viscoelastic Devices (OVDs)
- Phacoemulsification Devices
- Glaucoma surgery devices
- Glaucoma Drainage Devices (GDDs)
- Glaucoma Stents and Implants
- Glaucoma Lasers
- Glaucoma Systems
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Device
- Vitrectomy Machines & Vitrectomy Packs
- Photocoagulation Lasers
- Illumination Devices
- Other Vitreoretinal Accessories
- Diagnostics & Monitoring
- Optical Coherence Tomography Scanners
- Optical Coherence Tomographers (OCT)
- Slit Lamps
- Optotype Projectors
- Fundus Cameras
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems
- Ophthalmic A-scan Biometers
- Ophthalmic B-scan Ultrasound Devices
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Biomicroscopes (UBM)
- Ophthalmic Pachymeters
- Wavefront Aberrometer
- Corneal Topographer
- Phoropters and Refractors
- Vision care
- Refractor Disorders
- Vitreo Retinal Disorders
By End User
- Medical Institutes
- Research Organisations
- Healthcare Service Providers
- North America
- Middle East
- South Africa
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."