Plastic decking is an elevated flat surface construction in building facades made from recycled plastic material. It is highly resistant and requires low maintenance to enhance the aesthetic value and quality of the deck. In addition, these materials are resistant to moisture and humidity, which elevates their application in building and construction.
The global rise in urbanization has fueled the demand for plastic decking to enhance the aesthetic value of building and construction. High-density polyethylene (HDPE), low density (LDPE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and polypropylene are the common types of decking available in the market. HDPE and LDPE are the major market drivers owing to their excellent durability in residential applications. In addition, excellent flexibility and elasticity makes recycled plastic suitable for manufacturing decking products and exterior furniture applications. Based on composite types, the capped composite market has witnessed strong demand in the recent years owing to its excellent protection against ultra violet radiations and oxidation. However, the performance of plastic decking is low under hot climatic conditions, as they tend to expand and cause loose joints, which have hindered the market growth. However, advancement in composite decking formulated with all-weather protection is expected to drive the market growth.
North America is the leading market for plastic decking owing to the increase in growth of building and construction followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific countries such as India and China are expected to propel the growth of plastic decking owing to the demand for building and construction.
The report of global plastic decking is segmented based on type, composite type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is segmented into high-density polyethylene, low-density polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, and others. Based on composite type, it includes, capped composite decking and uncapped composite decking. Residential and non-residential uses are segmented under application. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players in the global plastic decking market include Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc., Azek Building Products, Inc., Cardinal Building products, Certainteed Corporation, Duralife Decking and Railing systems, Fiberon LLC, Green Bay Decking, Tamco Building products Inc., UPM Kymmene Corporation. and Universal Forests Products, Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global plastic decking market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Plastic Decking Market Key Segments
- High density polyethylene
- Low density polyethylene Polyvinyl chloride
By Composite Type
- Capped composite decking
- Uncapped composite decking
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA