Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is derived from blood. It is produced when the human blood is spun down and platelet rich plasma is separated that have a concentration of platelets above the normal values. Platelets help in blood clotting as well as enhance the healing of tendons, muscles, and ligaments. PRP is used in different surgeries such as augmentation of shoulder rotator cuff and tendon repair.
Platelets are extremely rich in healing factors and connective tissue growth.
The major factors that enhance the market growth are growth in geriatric population, increase in incidence of sports and orthopedic injuries, rise in number of cosmetic surgical procedures, technological advancements, and increase in awareness regarding PRP therapies. However, difficulty in quality control of test results, thereby restrain the market growth.
The market is segmented based on product, origin, application, and geography. By product, this market is categorized into pure PRP, leukocyte rich PRP, and leukocyte rich fibrin. By origin, it is classified into autologous PRP, allogeneic PRP, and homologous PRP. By application, it is divided into orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery, general surgery, neurosurgery, and others. By geography, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global PRP market is provided.
- The projections in the market are made by studying the current market trends and future market potential for the period (20172023) in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis by technology and application helps understand the various trends and prevailing opportunities in the respective market
- Key market players within the global PRP market are profiled in the market and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global PRP market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Platelet Rich Plasma Market Key Segments:
- Pure PRP
- Leukocyte Rich PRP
- Leukocyte Rich Fibrin
- Autologous PRP
- Allogeneic PRP
- Homologous PRP
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- General Surgery
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Harvest Technologies Corporation
- DePuy Synthes, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- AdiStem Ltd.
- ISTO Biologics
- Cesca Therapeutics, Inc.
- Exactech Inc.
- Nuo Therapeutics