DNA sequencing is a process used to determine the order of nucleotides within DNA molecules. Prenatal DNA sequencing is the method of sequencing the DNA isolated from pregnant women’s blood to reveal the full genetic code of a fetus. Prenatal DNA sequencing is used to sequence the whole genome of unborn baby that effectively detects the diseases or disorder such as Down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, thalassemia and cancer. The wide acceptance and adoption of prenatal DNA sequencing technology would have huge impact on public health care sector . The potential application of sequencing technology is growing immensely.. Based on this sequencing technology, several laboratories and companies have launched diagnostic test. Wide use and effective application of prenatal DNA sequencing increased the demand for sequencing instruments and reagents market. However, it requires huge amount for repetitive sequencing that makes it too expensive for routine use. Companies such as Illumina charge $9,500 to sequence the genome of an adult and fetal DNA sequencing, on the other hand costs much higher.
The prenatal DNA sequencing market is segmented based on the application and geography. Prenatal DNA sequencing techniques are used to detect the diseases such as Hemophilia Down Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, Autism, DiGeorge Syndrome, AIDS and Cancer. Geographically, the prenatal DNA sequencing market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA .
- In-depth analysis of various regions would provide a clear understanding of current and future trends so that companies can make region specific plans
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the prenatal DNA sequencing market is provided
- Key regulatory guidelines in various regions, which impact the prenatal DNA sequencing market are critically examined
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial calibre of the prenatal DNA sequencing market
- Deep dive analysis of various regions provides insights that would enable companies to plan their business moves strategically
- Value chain analysis in the report gives a clear understanding of the roles of the stakeholders involved in the supply chain of the prenatal DNA sequencing market
The prenatal DNA sequencing market is segmented based on its application and geography.
- Down Syndrome
- Cystic Fibrosis
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- North America