Serious games are digital applications designed for the purpose of education with fun. The primary function of serious games is to provide knowledge, train, inform, memorize, and teach end users, rather than mere entertainment. It enables advertisers to optimize brand awareness by increasing receptiveness of message, target more audience, and generate additional traffic to their websites. It also helps students to learn with fun as it bridges gap between theory and practical. Serious games are also used in inspection, technical training, competency evaluation, fault finding & rectification, and other applications.
Increased need for user engagement across enterprises, growing usage of mobile-based educational games, and improvement in learning outcomes are factors propelling the growth of the market. While, improper game design and lack of awareness about serious games hinder growth of the market. On the other hand, large-scale digitization and emergence of social networks pave new opportunities in the market.
The world serious game market is segmented based on user type, application, industry vertical, and region. The market is further classified based on industry vertical into healthcare, aerospace & defense, government, education, retail, media & entertainment, and others. The applications covered in the report are advertising & marketing, simulation training, research & planning, human resources, others. The type segment is further divided into consumers and enterprises. The regions, such as North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA) would experience tremendous growth.
The prominent companies operating in the market are BreakAway, Ltd., Designing Digitally, Inc. , DIGINEXT, IBM Corporation, Intuition, Learning Nexus Ltd, Nintendo Co., Ltd., Promotion Software GmbH, Revelian, and Tata Interactive Systems. The key strategies adopted by these manufacturers to strengthen their position in the market are collaborations, approvals, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, expansions, and others.
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world serious game market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world serious game market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world serious game market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world serious game market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Serious Game Market Key Segments:
By User Type:
- Advertising & Marketing
- Simulation Training
- Research & Planning
- Human resources
By Industry Vertical:
- Aerospace & defense
- Media & Entertainment
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
Key Market Players:
- BreakAway, Ltd.
- Designing Digitally, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Learning Nexus Ltd
- Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Promotion Software GmbH
- Tata Interactive Systems