A sound level meter is a handheld instrument with a microphone used for acoustic measurements by determining sound pressure. The diaphragm of the microphone responds to changes in air pressure caused by sound waves. This movement of the diaphragm, i.e., the sound pressure deviation, is therefore converted into an electrical signal. A microphones sensitivity is analyzed by the voltage value produced when a constant sound pressure is applied. The sound level meter needs to know the sensitivity of the particular microphone being used. Using this information, the instrument can accurately convert the electrical signal back to a sound pressure and display the resulting sound pressure level.
Over the last seven to eight years, there has been an increasing insurgency against non-ecofriendly sound devices owing to the hazardous impact of high decibel noise on the environment. To control the non-auditory and auditory effects of noise pollution, the level of sound must be measured first, which has led to an increase in demand for sound level meters. In addition, high investments by governments globally to maintain the environment quality fuels the market growth. However, limited accuracy over a selected range of sound leading to incorrect reading in some cases restricts this growth. High precision of these meters than other audio analyzers provides an opportunity for the market growth.
The sound level meter market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the is bifurcated into ordinary sound level meters and precision sound level meters. Applications covered in the study include factories & enterprises, environment protection, transportation, R&D, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. Prominent players operating in this market are Cirrus Research Plc, Brel & Kjr, Norsonic, RION Co., Ltd., Scantek Inc., Testo SE & Co. KGaA, TES Electrical Electronic Corp., Smart Sensor, NTi Audio, and CASELLA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the sound level meter market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers.
Sound Level Meter Market Key Segmentation:
- Ordinary Sound Level Meters
- Precision Sound Level Meters
- Factories & Enterprises
- Environment Protection
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Cirrus Research Plc
- Brel & Kjr
- RION Co., Ltd.
- Scantek Inc.
- Testo SE & Co. KGaA
- TES Electrical Electronic Corp.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated