Tantalum is a transition metal that has high melting point and capable of resisting high corrosion. It is a lustrous and blue gray chemical element that is very rare to find. Tantalum is generally derived from hard rock mines; it can also be found in artisanak mines, tin slag and in minerals such as tantalite, columbite and coltan. Due to chemical inertness, tantalum is used as a substitute for platinum and has a wide range of application in laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, medical devices, manufacturing of super alloys, etc. Tantalum has many applications in electronics industry as it can manufacture high power resistors and high end capacitors. Tantalum oxide is also used in X-ray equipment and camera lenses. In addition, tantalum chloride is used in the production of cutting tools.
The growth of the tantalum market is driven by the factors such as high demand for tantalum in manufacturing electronic equipment and gadgets, rising industries such as aviation and aerospace. High demand for tantalum wire/ powder in super alloys is also contributing to the growth of the tantalum market. However, fluctuating price of the tantalum ores and imbalance of the demand supply in some of the regions such as Central Africa are some of the factors that are hampering the growth of the market. Long term agreements of supply and rising activities of mining are expected to create lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Tantalum by Product Market Analysis
Tantalum Product Market is segmented into chemical refining, electrolysis and fabrication & metalworking. Chemical refining is the largest revenue generating segment due to high demand of tantalum in the manufacturing of laboratory equipment and super alloys.
Tantalum by Application Market Analysis
Tantalum Application Market is segmented into electronics, alloys and other uses (Watches, Orthopedic Implants, Medical devices, etc). Electronics segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to high demand of tantalum in the production of high power resistor and capacitors. With the use of tantalum, capacitors have the weight and size advantage. Due to this factor, there is soaring demand for capacitors in manufacturing automotive electronics, personal computers and portable telephones.
Tantalum Geography Market Analysis
Geographically, Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. Africa is the largest revenue generating segment. Africa is the largest source of tantalum. Africa accounts for 50% of the global tantalum production.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Tantalum Market are product launches, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would provide efficient products and yield strong performing products that support the market regulations and finally, exhibit better customer satisfaction. The companies profiled in this report are China Minmetals Corp., Cabot Corp., Talison Minerals Pvt. Ltd., Ethiopia Mineral Development Share and some of the top plants of tantalum production mines are located in Kenticha, Nanping, Greenbushes, and Wodgina.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the Tantalum Market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of Tantalum Market and threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products.
- Analysis of the Tantalum Market on the basis of various segments is expounded in the report, and segmental analysis is done to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the growth of the market that would help the market players in deeply understanding the market
- Analysis of environmental factors that would create opportunities for the growth of the market
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market is conducted and that would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report; thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- To find out the recent trends of the Tantalum Market and opportunities that would open doors for the investors to participate in the market, which in turn would help in the enlargement and expansion of market
Tantalum Market Analysis is segmented on the basis of product, application and geographies.
MARKET BY PRODUCT
- Chemical Refining
- Fabrication and Metalworking
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Other Uses (Watches, Orthopedic Implants, Medical devices, etc)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific