Wound biologics are healing therapies that enable re-establishment of the innate repair mechanisms, and may also involve the application of active biological agents, such as plant-derived active biomolecules that exhibit antimicrobial, antioxidant, or anti-inflammatory attributes. Biologic dressings prevent wounds from heat loss, evaporative water loss, protein and electrolyte loss, and contamination. In addition, they allow autolytic debridement and develop a granular wound bed.
The major factors that drive the growth of global wound biologics market are rise in demand for various biologics in advanced wound care field and increase in inclination towards products that enhance therapeutic outcomes. In addition, field of wound biologics is changing rapidly with the introduction of advanced products from key market players, which is expected to propel the growth of the market. However, availability of low reimbursements and possible complications after undergoing wound biologics treatment restrict the market growth. Conversely, untapped emerging economies with unmet medical needs are expected to provide new opportunities for the key players manufacturing wound biologics.
The report segments the global wound biologics market based on application, end user, product, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into growth factors, enzyme-based formulations, and skin substitutes. In terms of application, it is divided into acute wounds, chronic wounds, burn cases, and surgical wounds. By end user, it is classified into hospitals, community health services, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Regionally, the market is analyzed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Acelity L.P. Inc., Integra LifeSciences, Smith & Nephew Plc., Organogenesis Inc., MiMedx Group, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., Derma Sciences, Inc., Soluble Systems, LLC, ConvaTec Group Plc., and Applied Biologics.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics in the global wound biologics market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
Wound Biologics Market Key Segments:
- Growth Factors
- Enzyme-based Formulations
- Skin Substitutes
- Acute Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Burn Cases
- Surgical Wounds
By End User
- Community Health Services
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA