In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of assisted reproductive technology in which the ovum is artificially fertilized in laboratory settings and then implanted into the uterus. IVF is one of the widely popular treatments, which has assisted couples with infertility problems, single mothers and the LGBT community to procreate. The global IVF devices market would witness a substantial growth in future owing to rising incidence of infertility cases, emerging trend of delayed pregnancies among women, technological advancements in IVF procedures and increased occurrences of gamete donations. Furthermore, rising health awareness on fertility issues, availability of IVF treatments, increasing disposable income and favorable reimbursement policies would further augment the market growth. Recent innovations in IVF technology, such as Embryoscope and capsule IVF, are anticipated to augment the demand of IVF devices in future. However, strenuous maintenance issues, high cost of devices, multiple pregnancies and ethical considerations are likely to hinder the market growth. Increasing upsurge of fertility clinics and same sex marriages would offer lucrative growth opportunities in future. In addition, fertility tourism would provide ample growth opportunities especially in the developing economies. The global IVF devices and consumables market accounted for $1,252.8 million in 2014 and is forecast to garner $3,627.2 million by 2020, registering a promising CAGR of 19.2% during the forecast period.
The global IVF devices market comprises five key segments namely, IVF instruments, reagents and media, technology, end users and geography. The instruments market considered in this report include, sperm separation system, cryosystem, incubator, imaging system, disposables and consumables ovum aspiration pump, IVF cabinet, micromanipulator, IVF accessories and disposables, and others. In the instruments market, micromanipulator is the highest revenue-generating segment owing to its extensive use in various stages of the IVF procedure. However, sperm separation system segment would witness a significant growth due to its extensive use in healthy sperm selection and gender determination.
Based on reagents and media, the global IVF devices market is categorized into cryopreservation media, semen processing media, ovum processing media and embryo culture media. Cryopreservation media is the highest revenue-generating segment due to its extensive use in frozen IVF cycles. IVF devices and consumables market by techniques is categorized into fresh embryo transfer technique, frozen egg transfer technique and donor egg transfer technique. In the current market scenario, fresh embryo transfer technique is the highest revenue-generating segment and would continue to maintain this trend during the forecast period owing to the higher user preference for this technique.
The global IVF devices market by end-users is segmented into fertility clinics, hospitals, surgical centers and clinical research institutes. Fertility clinics is the highest revenue-generating segment in the IVF market due to easy accessibility of IVF treatment and services and high success rates. Furthermore, surgical centers is forecast to exhibit rapid growth due to the use of sophisticated IVF technologies.
The global IVF devices market has been analyzed on the basis of geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. Europe and North America are the dominant regions of this market, collectively accounting for about 79% of the total market share. This is mainly attributed to the widespread adoption of advanced technologies, healthcare awareness, favorable reimbursement policies and supportive legal frameworks. Nevertheless, Asia Pacific would emerge as the fastest growing region owing to low manufacturing costs of IVF devices and increasing popularity of medical tourism. Moreover, availability of skilled personnel and rising awareness would further augment the market growth in this region.
The competitive landscape of the IVF devices market indicates the presence of local as well as global IVF device manufacturers. Product launch has been the prime growth strategy adopted by the major market players to improve their market share. Some of the prominent product launches include micromanipulators systems, ovum aspiration pumps and IVF accessories. These technologies are used in both clinical and research fields. The key companies profiled in this report include, Vitrolife AB, EMD Serono, Inc., Irvine Scientific, Cooper Surgical, Inc., Cook Medical, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Genea Biomedx, Auxogyn, Inc., Oxford Gene Technology and OvaScience, Inc.
1.1 KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- An in-depth analysis of the current research and clinical developments in the global IVF devices market has been provided with key factors to understand the market scenario.
- The projections in the report are based on the analysis of the current market trends and future market potential in terms of value during the period of 2014–2020.
- An exhaustive analysis of the global IVF devices market by instruments helps in understanding the type of devices that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of IVF devices highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across various geographies.
- SWOT analysis facilitates the study of the internal environment of prominent companies for strategy formulation.
- A comprehensive analysis of the market has been conducted by closely monitoring key products of top contenders in the market.
1.2 KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global IVF devices market is segmented on the basis of instruments, reagents and media, techniques, end users and geography.
- Global IVF Devices Market - By Instruments
- Imaging system
- Ovum aspiration pump
- Sperm separation system
- Accessories and disposables
- Global IVF Devices Market - By Reagents and Media
- Cryopreservation media
- Semen processing media
- Ovum processing media
- Embryo culture media
- Global IVF Devices Market - By Technology
- Fresh embryo transfer technique
- Frozen embryo transfer technique
- Donor egg IVF technique
- Global IVF Devices Market - By End Users
- Fertility clinics
- Surgical centers
- Clinical research institutes
- Global IVF Devices Market - By Geography
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Other Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Other APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East