Cardiac Biomarkers are protein substances released into the blood stream from damaged heart muscles. These are the biological parameters that are used to detect the presence of cardiovascular diseases. According to World Health Organization, in 2008, 17.3 million people died due to cardiovascular diseases and it is expected to reach 23.3 million by 2030. This increase in cardiovascular diseases across the globe widens the global cardiac biomarkers market. With the prevalence of these cardiovascular diseases, demand for cardiac biomarkers would increase in future for early diagnosis and disease management. The study will help to identify the opportunities for global players in the cardiac biomarkers market to generate maximum profit.
The major drivers for growth of cardiac biomarkers are increase in number of cardiovascular diseases, ageing population and precision of cardiac biomarkers in early detection of risks associated with cardiovascular diseases. The restraints for cardiac biomarkers market are side effects related to biomarkers such as skeletal muscle injury and their less specific actions in detecting the presence of cardiovascular diseases.
Cardiac biomarkers Type Market analysis
Cardiac biomarker type market is segmented in enzymatic and non enzymatic cardiac biomarkers. Enzymatic cardiac biomarker includes myocardial muscle creatine kinase CK (MB), Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH 1), Aspartate Transaminase (AST), Myleperoxidase, Matrix metalloproteinase and Non enzymatic cardiac biomarker includes Troponins(T,I),Myoglobin, Pro-brain natriuretic peptide, and Ischemia modifies albumin. Tropoin T and I are preferred mostly for the diagnosis of myocardial infarction due to its highest sensitivities and specificities.
Cardiac biomarkers Application Market analysis
Cardiac biomarkers application market analysis is segmented into myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, atherosclerosis and others. Myocardial infarction is the leading cause of mortality in developed countries.
Cardiac biomarkers Geographic Market analysis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world. The global cardiac biomarker market is dominated by North America and Europe due to increasing patient population suffering from cardiovascular diseases, lack of physical activities and unhealthy diet. India, South East Asia and china are the emerging markets for cardiac biomarkers due to increase in incidence of coronary artery diseases.
Key players of cardiac biomarker market are Ortho-clinical diagnostics, Abbott laboratories, Roche Diagnostics Corporation, Medtronic, Inc. Biosensors International Ltd. and others. The strategies adopted by these players are Product launch, merger and acquisition and research development collaborations. Product launch strategy is adopted by most of the players. Roche Diagnostics introduces Cobas-H232 Handheld cardiac Marker system II-38, a cardiac biomarker used for the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases.
High level analysis
Cardiac biomarkers market is analyzed through Porter’s five forces model, which explains that bargaining power of supplier varies with application of cardiac biomarkers and bargaining power of buyers is less as cost of switching is high .Threat of new entrant is less as high capital investment is require for new start-up. SWOT analysis provides a way for making strategic business decisions. The business strategies adopted by the key players are analyzed. The impact of drivers for growth, restraints and opportunities for cardiac biomarkers market is described in detail.
- In depth analysis of cardiac biomarker market, which is segmented on the basis of type, application and geography provides clear understanding of the market.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020. Thus helping cardiac biomarker marketers to analyze the market.
- Assessment and ranking of the factors affecting the global market and their impact on the cardiac biomarker market.
- Study on the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers in the market, based on porter’s five force analysis. Thus helping cardiac biomarker manufacturer to analyze the market.
- SWOT and competitive analysis of the key players, which would help stakeholders to understand trends followed by their competitors and take actionable decisions.
The global cardiac biomarker market is segmented based on type, application, and geography.
Market by Type
- Myocardial Muscle Creatine Kinase (CK(MB))
- Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH 1)
- Aspartate Transaminase (AST)
- Matrix Metalloproteinase
- Non Enzymatic
- Pro-brain Natriuretic Peptide
- Ischemia modifies albumin
- Troponins (T,I)
- Pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide
- Ischemia Modified Albumin
Market by Application
- Myocardial Infarction
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the world
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Allied Market Research (AMR)
encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only
engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates
and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within
each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors
and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis
and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and
allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With AMR’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to:
Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
Analyst tools and models
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
AMR has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, AMR’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.