Silicon carbide (SiC) is a chemical compound of silicon and carbon and it is also known as carborundum. SiC belongs to the semiconductor market that is expected to attain revenue of $394 billion by 2017. It is projected that SiC has the potential to displace other silicon based transistors and semiconductors; therefore, it is expected to have high revenue share. The key factors driving the SiC market growth is that it can decrease the size of semiconductors and reduce the power system loss by 50%.
However, the cost of SiC material ranges from $800 to $2,000 per ton, which is very costly as compared to other materials used for manufacturing semiconductor. Therefore, the high cost of these semiconductors is a major restraint for the growth of the market. Material defects and packaging issues are some of the other challenges for the market growth. Researches that are being conducted to overcome these challenges have been slow-moving. However, key players are seeking collaborations to increase investments in the SiC based electronic goods. Some of the key companies profiled in this report are AGSCO Corporation, Entegris Inc., Carborundum Universal Ltd., ESK-SIC GmbH, Grindwell Norton Ltd., Saint-Gobain Ceramics Materials GmbH, The Dow Chemical Company, Xiamen Powerway Advanced Material Company Ltd., Timcal Ltd., and Snam Abrasives Pvt. Ltd.
• This report provides market intelligence with respect to products, end-users and geographies to enable precise decision making• The report discusses impact analysis of the top factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities on the basis of current market situation and expected future trends• Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all stakeholders of the market • Porter’s five force analysis provides the potency of suppliers & buyers, threat of new entrants & substitutes and competitive scenario of the market• SWOT analysis and recent developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can understand the strategies adopted by competitors and make required changes to their plans to sustain their revenue share • Estimations are calculated according to the current market scenario and projected future trends for the analysis period of 2013-2020 with base revenue of 2012• The report discusses the trends and opportunities in various geographies so that companies can make region specific plans to gain competitive advantage
KEY MARKET SEGMENTSBY PRODUCT• Black SiC• Green SiC• Others
BY TECHNOLOGY• MARKET BY SIC POLYMER TYPES• 3C- SiC semiconductors market• 4H- SiC semiconductors market• H- SiC semiconductors market• MARKET BY semiconductor materials• IV-IV SiC semiconductors market• SiC & Silicon semiconductors market• SiC & Sapphire semiconductors market• SiC & Graphite semiconductors market• SiC & Graphene semiconductors market• III-V SIC SEMICONDUCTORS MARKET• SiC & GaN semiconductors market• SiC & AlN semiconductors market• Composite materials-based SiC semiconductors market• Alloy materials based SiC semiconductors market
BY POWER SEMICONDUCTORS MARKET• SiC power discrete market• SiC power MOSFETS• SiC power IGBTS• SiC power DIODES AND RECTIFIERS• SiC power THYRISTORS• SiC other power discrete• SiC POWER ICS MARKET• SiC POWER DEVICES CLASSIFICATION BY TECHNOLOGY NODE
BY END-USERS• Steel & energy• Automotives• Industrial sector• Consumer electronic• Aerospace & aviation• Military & defense• Electronics & semiconductors• Medical & healthcare• Information and communication technology (ICT)• Others (Chemicals, fabrication etc.)
BY GEOGRAPHY• North America• Europe• Asia Pacific• Rest of the World (RoW)
With collective industry experience of about 200 years of its analysts and experts, Allied Market Research (AMR)
encompasses most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. We do not only
engrave the deepest levels of markets but also sneak through its slimmest details for the purpose of our market estimates
and forecasts. Our approach helps in building greater market consensus view for size, shape and industry trends within
each industry segment. We carefully factor in industry trends and real developments for identifying key growth factors
and future course of the market. Our research proceeds are the resultant of high quality data, expert views and analysis
and high value independent opinions. Our research process is designed to deliver balanced view of the global markets and
allow stakeholders to make informed decisions.
We offer our clients exhaustive research and analysis based on wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics and regional intelligence. Our in-house industry experts play instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models sanitize the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice. With AMR’s calibrated research process and 360` degree data-evaluation methodology, our clients are assured of receiving:
- Consistent, valuable, robust and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through well audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of marketplace
With a strong methodology we are, therefore, confident that our research and analysis are most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
We refer a broad array of industry sources for our secondary, which typically include; however, not limited to:
Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases for understanding of technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic new articles, web-casts and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Our primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks and face-to-face interactions. We are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow us greater flexibility for reaching out industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions, fulfilling following functions:
- Validates and improves the data quality and strengthens research proceeds
- Further develops analyst team’s market understanding and expertise
- Supplies authentic information about market size, share, growth and forecasts
Our primary research interview and discussion panels are typically composed of most experienced industry members. These participants include; however, not limited to:
Analyst tools and models
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners and top level distributors; banking, investments and valuation experts Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
AMR has developed set of analyst tools and data models to supplement and expedite the analysis process. Corresponding to markets, where there is significant lack of information and estimates, AMR’s team of experts and analyst develop specific analyst tools and industry models to translate qualitative and quantitative industry indicators into exact industry estimates. These models also allow analysts to examine the prospects and opportunities prevailing in the market to accurately forecast the course of the market.