Nanocoatings Market Report, published by Allied Market Research, projects that the global market was valued at $3,327 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $13,094 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 21.0% during the forecast period. The self-cleaning (bionic & photocatalytic) segment was the largest contributor to the global nanocoatings market in 2015. In the same year, North America held the leading position, and is expected to continue its dominance in the future.
Access Full Summary at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/nano-coatings-market
Nanocoatings offer various benefits such as protection from whether conditions, abrasion resistance, and UV resistance, thus fueling their adoption globally. Self-cleaning segment (bionic & photocatalytic) generated the highest revenue in 2015, as these type of nanocoatings possess the ability to clean themselves by undergoing chemical changes. They are made up of nanoparticles that show super-hydrophilic and super-hydrophobic surfaces, which offer them the self-cleaning ability.
The electronics segment accounted for the highest revenue in 2015, as electronic components need to be protected from environmental conditions that may reduce their efficiency. These nanocoatings are also used in applications such as the automotive, textile, and construction industries, owing to their anticorrosion, anti-microbial, and easy cleaning properties.
Key Findings of the Nanocoatings Market Study:
- The electronics application occupied the highest share in 2015, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.0%, in terms of value, during the forecast period.
- North America is the leading consumer of nanocoatings, accounting for approximately more than two-fifths share of the global market, followed by Europe.
- Anticorrosion segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 36.4% during the forecast period.
- Automotive & construction segment accounted for one-fourth of the global nanocoatings market in 2015.
- U.S. is the leading market in North American, growing at a CAGR 21.4%.
North America accounted for the largest market share in 2015, whereas Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 23.3% during the forecast period. Utilization of nanocoatings for the prevention of infections due to unhealthy surroundings is expected to increase the demand for nanocoatings from the healthcare industry. Steady growth in the automotive and construction industries in China and India is expected to increase the demand for nanocoatings in the Asian market.
The prominent players profiled in this report include Buhler AG, Nanogate AG, Nanophase Technologies Corporation, Bio-Gate AG, Admat Innovations, Surfix BV, Nanomech Inc., EIKOS Inc., CIMA Nanotech, and Duraseal Coatings Company LLC.