GI stool testing is the diagnosis of faeces or stool samples to analyse or detect digestive tract infections or diseases. GI disorders include diseases such as bowel inflammation, malabsorption, cancer, and others.
The growing prevalence of GI diseases due to the increasing consumption of junk food, stress & hectic lifestyle, and the rise of the geriatric population that is highly susceptible to GI infections drive the GI stool testing market growth. Furthermore, increasing healthcare awareness and increasing investments in the healthcare sector by the government and private sector is anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, significant levels of government rules & regulations associated with the GI stool testing and dearth of skilled personnel are the major barriers for the growth of the market. Ongoing R&D in the field of GI stool testing is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of tests, product type, end-user, and region. Based on tests, the market is categorized into microscopy test, ova & parasites test, culture test, bacteria test, occult blood test, stool biomarkers test, and others. Based on product type, the GI stool testing market is classified into reagents and instruments. By end-user, the market is divided into hospitals, diagnostic centres & laboratories, academic institutions, research centres & organizations, and home. By region, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global GI stool testing market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
GI Stool Testing Market Key Segment:
- Microscopy Test
- Ova & Parasites Test
- Culture Test
- Bacteria Test
- Occult Blood test
- Guaiac FOB Stool Test
- Immuno-FOB agglutination test
- Lateral Flow Immuno-FOB Test
- Immuno-FOB ELISA Test
- Stool Biomarkers Tests
- M2-PK Stool Test
By Product Type
- Diagnostic Centres and Laboratories
- Academic Institutions
- Research Centres & Organizations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- BioMrieux Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience Inc.
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- Alere Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Cenogenics Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Abbott Laboratories