MEM media is a type of cell culture medium used to maintain cells in tissue culture. The MEM media culture contains amino acid, salts, glucose, and vitamins. An improvised version of MEM consists of approximately four times as much of amino acids and vitamins present in initial version of the cell culture formula. Moreover, the improvised formula also contains two to four times the glucose and other substances such as iron and phenol red. The culture medium can be used for most types of animal cells such as monkey, hamster, rat, chicken, and others.
Increase in application and advantages of MEM media in cell culture and research is expected to drive the market. In addition, increase in government initiatives for research in biopharmaceutical industry boosts the growth of the market. However, lack of efficient research infrastructure and high maintenance cost for research facilities impedes the growth of the MEM media market.
The global MEM media market is segmented based on media component, media form, and geography. Based on media component, the market is divided into with L-glutamine and without L-glutamine. Based on media form, the market is bifurcated into liquid type and powder type. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as ThermoFisher Inc., Sigma Aldrich, Lonza, BI Worldwide, STEMCELL, Corning, Atlanta Biologicals, Nippon Genetics, Miltenyi Biotec, and Mediatech Inc., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key media component positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
MEM Media Market Key Segments:
By Media component
- With L-glutamine
- Without L-glutamine
By Media form
- Liquid Type
- Powder Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA