RNA sequencing or whole transcriptome shotgun sequencing is a process to identify the presence and quantity of RNA present in a biological sample. It enables to analyze the constantly changing cellular transcriptome; identifies gene fusion, post transcriptional modifications, & splicing; and recognizes the exon/intron boundary of the eukaryotic genes.
Advancements of in sequencing technology, increase in acceptance of NGS technology, and growth in number of partnerships & collaborations drive the growth of the global RNA sequencing market. However, dearth of skilled professionals and problems associated with storage of sequencing data restrain the market growth. Government initiatives in population sequencing and emerging markets such as China & India offer significant growth opportunities for the market growth.
The RNA sequencing market in segmented on the basis of products & services, technology, application, end user, and region. Based on products & services, the market is categorized into sample preparation, sequencing platforms & consumables for RNA sequencing; RNA sequencing services; and data analysis, storage, and management. Sample preparation is subsegmented into application and method.
Based on technology, the market is classified into sequencing by synthesis (SBS), ion semiconductor sequencing, single-molecule real-time (SMRT) sequencing, and nanopore sequencing. Applications covered in the study include de novo transcriptome assembly, expression profiling analysis, variant calling & transcriptome epigenetics, and small RNA sequencing.
According to end user, the market is divided into research centers and academic & government institutes, hospitals & clinics, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others (nonprofit organizations, agrigenomics organizations, and consumer genomics companies). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The market is dominated by players such as Affymetrix Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., GE Healthcare, Illumina Inc., Qiagen N.V., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Sigma Aldrich, and Fluidigm Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the RNA sequencing market by type helps to understand the types of sequencing technologies that are currently being used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
RNA Sequencing Market Key Segment:
By Product & Service
- Sample Preparation
- Fragmentation, End Repair, and Size Selection
- Library Preparation & Target Enrichment
- Quality Control
- Robotic & Liquid Handling
- Sequencing Platforms & Consumables for RNA Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing Services
- Data Analysis, Storage, and Management
- Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS)
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Single-molecule Real-time (SMRT) Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
- De Novo Transcriptome Assembly
- Expression Profiling Analysis
- Variant Calling & Transcriptome Epigenetics
- Small RNA Sequencing
By End User
- Research Centers and Academic & Government Institutes
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA