Automatic passenger counting system is used to automatically count passengers getting on and off a bus, train, light rail, or other public transit system. This technology uses an electronic device available for installation on transit vehicles including buses, rail vehicles and ships, which accurately records boarding and alighting data. This technology improves the accuracy and reliability of tracking transit ridership over traditional methods of manually counting the passengers by drivers or estimation through random survey methods. A passenger information system is an automatic information system that supplies users with information about the nature and state of a public transport service, through visual, voice, or other media.
The increase in demand for real-time transit information along with increased adoption of advanced solutions in the transport sector majorly helps the accelerated growth of the market. Also, advantages offered by APC to transit operators in optimizing operational cost fuels the market growth. Government regulations such as the requirement of ridership and passenger data from transit operators on a regular basis shows the need of such systems, which can provide accurate and in time data. The delivery of real-time passenger information to targeted passengers is challenging but the passenger information systems help transit operators to deliver information and offer a better traveling experience to the passengers.
The automatic passenger counting and information system market is segmented based on system type, technology, application, and geography. On the basis of passenger information system type, it is divided into passenger information display system, passenger information announcement systems, emergency communication systems, infotainment systems, and passenger information mobile application. Based on application, it is classified into railways, roadways, airways, and waterways. Based on technology, it is categorized into infrared, stereoscopic, time-of-flight, and others. Geographically, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Key players include Iris-GmbH, HELLA Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH, Eurotech S.p.A., DILAX Intelcom GmbH, Infodev Electronic Designers International Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Siemens AG, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technology Co., Ltd., and Syncromatics Corp.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the automatic passenger counting and information system market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
Automatic Passenger Counting and Information System Market Key Segmentation:
By System Type
- Passenger Information Display System
- Passenger Information Announcement Systems
- Emergency Communication Systems
- Infotainment Systems
- Passenger Information Mobile Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- HELLA Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
- Eurotech S.p.A.
- DILAX Intelcom GmbH
- Infodev Electronic Designers International Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Huawei Technology Co., Ltd.
- Syncromatics Corp.