Epidermolysis bullosa is a rare disease from a group of diseases that causes blistering skin and makes it fragile. The blister may occur due to a reaction of minor injury, also due to heat, scratching, rubbing, or adhesive tape. In most severe cases, blisters occur inside the body, such as in the stomach or lining of the mouth. In most cases, Epidermolysis bullosa is inherited and occurs usually during childhood.
There are two types of epidermolysis bullosa: one is autosomal dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (DDEB) and autosomal recessive dystrophic bullosa (RDEB). In recent years there has been a significant rise in the number of individuals in epidermolysis bullosa which is one of the factors expected to drive the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market in the years to come.
Recently, Dystrophic Bullosa is the second most common type of Epidermolysis Bullosa as per the observations and the number of cases predicted to grow in the upcoming years.
COVID-19 SCENARIO ANALYSIS
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is likely to have a moderate impact on the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market in the forecast period. Research and development activities for the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment are to identify the threat of SARS-CoV-2 virus on the patients suffering from dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, particularly with syndromic forms that are likely to acquire the novel COVID infection.
- As a result of social distancing and localized curfews have resulted in delayed treatment procedures. In addition, visa cancellations have led to a hiatus in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services market growth.
TOP IMPACTING FACTORS: MARKET SCENARIO ANALYSIS, TRENDS, DRIVERS AND IMPACT ANALYSIS
Advancements in R&D and science are to pave the way for the overall development of the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market globally during the forecast period. The advancement technique of whole-exome sequencing has revolutionized the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment and diagnostics mainly due to advancements in gene panels across epidermolysis bullosa centers for treatment.
This in return has rapidly increased prognostication and diagnosis. Additionally, gene editing strides by gene editing-based therapies and gene editing are to gain attraction for particular target treatment. Currently, researchers have been majorly focusing on understanding the pathogen mechanism of epidermolysis bullosa & its various subtypes of treatment with dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment.
EMERGING NEW TREATMENTS TO DRIVE THE MARKET GLOBALLY
- The rise in prevalence of epidermolysis bullosa-a set of diseases of hereditary skin blistering has evoked scientists and researchers to opt for new treatments which can be considered as a factor that is to drive the market globally for dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment. As researchers have gained knowledge about the genetic mutations of the disease, new treatments are making their way into the global dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market. The advancements in knowledge about the disease etiopathogenesis are the core factor to develop new & cutting-edge therapies. Recently, first gene and cell-based therapies are on the way for clinical trials at the preclinical level. An increase in the knowledge about the secondary mechanisms is to make the way for symptom relief therapies and clinical testing, including dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment which can be considered as a fuel to the dystrophic epidermolysis treatment market globally.
TISSUE ENGINEERING & GENE THERAPY TO PROSPER THE ADOPTION
- Progress made by tissue engineering and gene therapy has improved the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market. Also, other alternatives such as gene correction and stem cell transplantation are some other techniques that are likely to enhance the market in the days to come. Invitro gene therapy of keratinocyte stem cells and transplanting it again into the same skin is to gain attraction in the market.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THE DYSTROPHIC EPIDERMOLYSIS BULLOSA TREATMENT MARKET RESEARCH REPORT
- What are the leading market players active in the dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa treatment market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Disease Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Holostem Terapie Avanzate, Castle Creek Biosciences, Inc., RegeneRx, InMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Amryt Pharma plc, Krystal Biotech, Phoenix Tissue Repair., Abeona Therapeutics, Inc., Wings Therapeutics