Elastomers are the polymers that possess elastic property. They are cross-linked polymer with weak intermolecular forces and indefinite structure. They have high tensile strength and exhibit low electrical conductivity. Generally, elastomers are of two types thermoset and thermoplastic. Thermoplastic elastomers have both the property of rubber and elastic. This type of elastomers is easy to process. Good chemical resistance and recyclability are main advantages of thermoplastic. Meanwhile, when thermoset polymers are processed, they create cross-linking bonds. The bonds of elastomers are irreversible and will not go under deformation easily. The elastomers have high heat resistance and are considered to be cost-effective materials with aesthetic appearance.
Glass transition temperature acts as limitation for elastic behavior of elastomers. Elastomers temperature less than glass transition temperature restricts the large deformations as the movement of molecules are limited. Elastomers are rigid and fragile below glass transition temperature.
Elastomers are finding increased demand in automotive, pharmaceuticals, electrical & electronics, building & construction, and other developing sectors. Elastomer in vehicle manufacturing industries acts as a replacement to PVC and other materials, which increases fuel efficiency and performance. Elastomers find high demand in the construction industry in applications such as sealing and electrical insulation. Increase in global demand for medical industry boost the usage of elastomers as well. Furthermore, due to its durability and property like flexibility they are used in manufacturing of gloves, gaskets, and molding products. On the other hand, market growth is restrained by its adverse effect on environment. Other factor that regulates the growth are the stringent regulatory laws for manufacturers. Fluctuating price of elastomer is also major concern for production. Market growth and demand in sports accessories and automobile manufacturing is one of the largest opportunity for elastomer market.
The report segments elastomer market on the basis of type, process, application, and region. On the basis of type, it is mainly classified into thermoset elastomer and thermoplastic elastomer. On basis of process, it is segmented into extrusion, injection molding, blow molding, and compression molding. Based on application, the market is classified into automotive, medical, electrical and electronics, building and construction, and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in elastomer market include LG Chem. Ltd., Arkema, Inc., PolyOne Corporation, Covestro AG, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Huntsman International LLC, Stockwell Elastomerics, Inc., Innovative Silicones, Universal Rubber Mfg NV, and Cauchos Pedro Romero S.L.
Key Benefits for Elastomers Market
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current elastomer market trends and estimations which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- An in-depth elastomer market analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the cosmetic pigments market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise elastomer market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global elastomer market.
Elastomers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
LG Chem. Ltd, Du Pont de Nemours and Company, Stockwell Elastomerics, Inc, Innovative Silicones, Huntsman International LLC., Arkema, Inc, The Dow Chemical Company, Covestro AG, Universal Rubber Mfg NV, PolyOne Corporation