Jeans are casual trousers made up of denim, cotton, and other materials. For ages, jeans have been a preferred outfit for youths. Jeans were invented by Jacob W. Davis in partnership with Levi Strauss & Co. in 1871. The creation of jeans was primarily for practical work as the color of the jeans is indigo which helps to hide the dirt worn by the on-field worker. The prime advantage of jeans is it's very comfortable to wear, have a stretchable fabric helps in outdoor work. There is no requirement for regular washing as it's not prone to getting dirty. The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic had affected the jeans market, as the supply chain disrupted which caused a deficit in stocks. Innovation in shape, color, and material is expected to attract customers who were not satisfied with the current standard of jeans. Companies should work on the advertisement to form a wide connection with elderly consumers who are accustomed to wearing formal or cotton trousers.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the jeans market. Jeans is an apparel and fashion product that is comfortable and convenient to wear. During the ongoing pandemic, jeans were not considered a necessary product. Hence, the demand for jeans has seen a fall.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. There was a restriction on the import and export of jeans as it was not an essential product. Hypermarket/Supermarket and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of jeans had become a challenge for companies due to the unavailability of high-quality fabrics, dedicated section of skilled labors, and proper working conditions.
Top Impacting Factors
- The availability of jeans in different colors, shapes, and styles have gained popularity among consumers. A vital percentage of the population around the globe is using jeans for their daily wear. The usage of jeans is not only restricted in making of trousers; currently, jeans used for designing shirts and jackets.
- The trend and demand for faded or ripped jeans are the highest around the globe; consumer relates it to an utmost style statement. Companies are investing in R&Ds to innovate the design and the quality of fabrics that will provide optimum comfort for the consumers.
- The constraint in the jeans market is the price, as many companies offer high price jeans due to their high quality of fabrics usage. The increased fee has lead to the growth of small industries that provide their products at a low price as their quality is inferior. The sale of inferior product affecting the sales of large scale industries as consumers is settling for low price products.
Use of social media for effective advertisement
The manufacturing companies are adopting the use of social media and preaching their content through the enhanced quality of advertisement. Social media advertising is creating awareness about the difference between branded and inferior jeans product. It points out the features of the newly developed product and conveys a message that how will it be more convenient than the conventional pair of jeans. The companies approach renowned social media creators to endorse their brand as they have a high social media following; the advertisement expected to reach a large group of people.
A surge in demand for jeans product is expected post lockdown
In the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government had to enforce lockdown to stop the chain of transmission. Lockdown restricted the consumers to stay remote at their homes. The restriction halted the production process in the industries and the supply chain. A surge in demand for jeans product expected post lockdown as consumers will need a definite makeover. Post lockdown is the perfect opportunity for the manufacturing companies to introduce new products that will suit the current situation.
A need for lightweight jeans to tackle the heat generated by global warming
Global warming is a genuine concern for consumers all over the world. The climate of the earth is getting hotterdue to global warming. To tackle this hot weather, manufacturing companies should develop their fabrics. A new product of jeans made of breathable fabrics, expected to resolve the problem as they will be more comfortable on the skin and will reduce the rate of perspiration.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the jeans industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the jeans market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the jeans market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed jeans market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the jeans market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Jeans Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Calvin Klein Inc., Kontoor Brand Inc, Levi Straus & Co, Pepe Jeans S.L., Iconix Brand Group, Diesel S.p.A, Hennes & Mauritz AB, The Gap Inc, Kering S.A., VF Corporation