Lymphoma comprises of a diverse group of blood cancers with different causes and treatment pathways. It is mainly categorized into two forms i.e., Hodgkin Lymphoma and non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL). According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), NHL is one of the most frequently diagnosed cancer in the U.S. that represent 4% of all types of cancers.
The global lymphoma therapeutics market is set to witness an impressive growth, primarily due to high unmet clinical needs associated with the disease and emerging product launches. The NHL therapeutics market is the major market among global lymphoma therapeutics market. The promising drug pipeline and evolving treatment patterns are the factors that would largely drive the market growth. Rising prevalence of lymphoma, increasing funding from different governments, growing awareness and accelerated approvals offered by the regulatory authorities are the other factors that would propel the market growth. On the other hand, premium pricing of drugs, limited reimbursement and looming resistance toward the approved therapies would curtail the market growth.
The patent cliffs of blockbuster drugs would offer lucrative opportunities for new entrants and existing companies. Conversely, the emergence of resistance toward established therapies would remain as a key challenge for the drug innovators.
The market is expected to register substantial growth in mid-term due to the various strategies adopted by the leading industry players. One of the key strategies adopted is co-promotion and commercialization. Recently, EMD Serono entered into an agreement with Pfizer to co-promote its anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor Xalkori in the U.S. market.
The report segments the lymphoma drugs market on the basis of cancer type, therapy type and geography. Based on cancer type, the market is segmented into Hodgkin Lymphoma and non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL). On the basis of therapy type, the market is segmented into targeted therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and others. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Eli Lilly, Pfizer Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) and others are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global lymphoma drugs market
- Extensive research is done for the market by therapy type, which elucidates the currently used chemotherapy and targeted therapy drugs, evolving role of immunotherapies and in-line extensions opted for existing drugs
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- The study highlights the competitive landscape and a detailed value chain analysis helps in understanding the competitive environment across various geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by the leading market players across various geographies
- Owing to an emerging pipeline in the lymphoma drugs market, clinical studies have also been taken into account to better understand the market potential and opportunities
- The lymphoma drugs market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in accordance with the key regions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global lymphoma drugs market segmentation is illustrated below:
Lymphoma Drugs Market By Cancer Type
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL)
Lymphoma Drugs Market By Therapy Type
- Targeted Therapy
- Approved drugs
- Pipeline drugs
- Approved drugs
- Pipeline drugs
Lymphoma Drugs Market By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa