Asia-Pacific Fish Oil Market Report, published by Allied Market Research, forecasts that the global market is expected to garner $1.5 Billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 5% during the period 2015-2020. Presently, aquaculture application segment accounts for about 2/3rd of the Asia Pacific fish oil market revenue. China would continue to consolidate its leading position due to a high concentration of the aquaculture industry.
Summary of the report can be accessed on the website at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/asia-pacific-fish-oil-market
Aquaculture application segment consumes about 5/7th of the APAC fish oil market. More than 80% of the fish oil is consumed by the aquaculture industry in China, and similar trend is observed across Vietnam and Indonesia as well. Supplements & functional food forms the second largest fish oil consumer segment and would emerge as one of the fastest growing segments over the forecast period. Japan held 2/3rd of the fish oil consumed in supplement and functional food application market. A significant rise in health concerns among Japans geriatric population, fuels a demand of nutritional and pharmaceutical grade fish oil in Asia Pacific region.
Key Findings of Asia-Pacific Fish Oil Market:
- Over the forecast period, supplement & functional foods and pharmaceuticals would emerge as the most lucrative fish oil application segments
- 3/5th of the Asia Pacific fish oil market is captured by China and Japan collectively
- Most of the fish oil consumed in Asia is produced from Anchovies
- Salmon and Trout are the two fish species that consumes the largest volume of aqua grade fish oil
- Vietnam is among the top crude fish oil suppliers to China
- Aquaculture and supplement & functional food are considered as the most attractive segment for investors in Asia pacific fish oil market
Key companies, such as Triple Nine A/S and Omega Protein Corporation are primarily focusing on merger and acquisition as key strategies in order to strengthen their presence in potential fish oil markets across Asia Pacific region. The report covers a detailed study of key players such as Copeinca AS, Pesquera Diamante S.A, Corpesca SA, TripleNine, Omega Protein Corporation, Arbee and Mukka Sea Foods Industries.