According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, "Intraoral Scanners Market by Brand and End User: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023," the global intraoral scanners market was valued at $273 million in 2016, and is projected to reach $557 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 10.7% from 2017 to 2023. The CEREC system accounted for more than one-fifths share of the global market in 2016.
Access Full Summary at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/intraoral-scanners-market
Intraoral scanners are used by orthodontics to capture 3D image of a dentition and soft tissue of the mouth. Increase in geriatric population and rise in the number of patients suffering from dental disorders are expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, benefits of intraoral scanning method such as reduced duration of the treatment boost the market growth. However, high cost of the device and dearth of skilled professionals are expected to impede the market growth.
The CEREC system is expected to dominate the global market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for technically advanced intraoral scanning devices. The CS system is expected to register the highest CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period.
Key Findings of the Intraoral Scanners Market:
- The 3M ESPE Lava COS system is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period.
- The hospital segment accounted for nearly half of the share of the global intraoral scanners market in 2016.
- The dental clinics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period.
- France and Germany collectively contributed for more than one-third share of the European intraoral scanners market in 2016.
- Japan is the major shareholder, and accounted for more than one-third share of the Asia-Pacific intraoral scanners market in 2016.
Asia-Pacific is projected to register the highest CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period, owing to increase in incidence of dental disorders and rise in healthcare expenditure. In addition, introduction of technically advanced intraoral scanners in the market at low cost offer a lucrative opportunity for the market growth.
The major companies profiled in the report include 3M Company, 3Shape A/S, Align Technology, Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Condor International, Densys3D Ltd., Dental Wings Inc., Dentsply Sirona Inc., Planmeca OY, and Guangdong Launca Medical Device Technology Co. Ltd.