According to a new report published by Allied Market Research titled, “North America Protective Clothing Market by Material Type, Application, and End-Use Industry: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027,” the protective clothing market was valued at $2.9 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $3.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2020 to 2027.
The demand for protective clothing has witnessed a tremendous growth driven by increase in concern regarding workers or employee safety in industries such as pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, construction & manufacturing, firefighting, and others. Protective clothing is an intense research and development (R&D) oriented industry. All the industry players invest immensely to find new avenues for their product segments and to reduce the overall production cost. In addition, government regulations in the U.S. have made compulsory that workers on roadways and roads open to public travel should wear high visibility clothing. Moreover, the increased concern of protection against bacterial or viral diseases propels the demand for biological protective clothing in the medical industry. This, in turn, drives the North America protective clothing market. However, high price of protective clothing and a constant threat of substitution are expected to hamper the North America protective clothing market growth during the forecast period. A growth in the penetration of protective clothing in industries such as oil & gas and pharmaceuticals will provide significant opportunities to the industry players across the value chain.
The North America protective clothing market is segmented into material type, application, end-use industry and country. Depending on material type, the market is categorized into aramid & blends, polyolefin & blends, polybenzimidaloe (PBI), cotton fibers, laminated polyesters, and others. Various applications of protective clothing studied in the market include thermal, mechanical, chemical, biological/radiation, and others. On the basis of end-use industry the North America protective clothing market is bifurcated into oil & gas, construction and manufacturing, pharmaceuticals/medical, military and defense, firefighting, and others. Based on country, the market is analyzed across U.S., Canada and Mexico. North America Protective clothing market share is analyzed across all segments and countries.
On the basis of material type, aramid & blends segment holds the highest share of the world protective clothing market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
In 2019, construction & manufacturing was the largest end-user industry with around 29.8% value share, followed by oil & gas, military, firefighting, and pharmaceuticals industries. The extraordinary physio-chemical properties of various type of protective clothing, such as microbial, thermal, mechanical, chemical, and radiation resistance, have increased their penetration in wide array of application, as it results in increased safety.
The North America protective clothing market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants. The key players operating and profiled in the market include Ansell Limited, DuPont, Glen Raven Inc., Kimberly Clark Corp, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Lakeland Industries, Inc., Teijin Ltd., VF Corporation, W.L. Gore & Associates, and 3M Company.
Other players in the value chain of the North America protective clothing market include FallTech, Moldex-Metric, Inc., NASCO Industries, Inc, OccuNomix International LLC, HexArmor, Ironwear, and others.
Key Findings Of The Study
- The North America protective clothing market is analyzed from 2019 to 2027
- On the basis of country, the U.S. protective clothing market gained a share of 81.0% in 2019
- The thermal application garnered a share of 34.3% in 2019
- On the basis of material type, the aramid & blends segment gained a share of 30.0% of the share in 2019
- On the basis of end-use industry, the construction and manufacturing segment gained 29.8% share in 2019
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the market growth is provided in the report
- The qualitative data in this report aims at the market dynamics, North America protective clothing market trends, and developments in the industry
- The North America protective clothing market size in provided in terms of revenue
Impact Of Covid-19 On The North America Protective Clothing Market
- The downstream section of the value chain i.e. the end use industries has witnessed less demand, which has impacted the market growth
- For instance, the construction projects and oil and gas plants projects are delayed or stopped that resulted in decreased demand for protective clothing
- Some of the major factors affecting the construction sector are supply chain disruptions, labor shortages, and others. The social distancing norms lead to reduced labor force on the construction site, which further impacted the market negatively