Surgical navigation systems market was valued at $628 million in 2015, and is projected to reach $963 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2016 to 2022, according to a new report published by Allied Market Research. Optical navigation systems segment is expected to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to benefits such as minimum radiation exposure and preciseness & accuracy during complex surgeries.
Access Full Summary at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/surgical-navigation-systems-market
The major factors that drive the growth of this market include rise in adoption of minimal invasive surgeries, improvement in healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies, numerous technological advancements, increase in incidence of ENT and neurosurgery-related disorders, and growth in knee replacement surgeries globally. However, high cost of these systems and stringent FDA rules are the major barriers that restrain the market growth.
ENT navigation system segment is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR, attributed to the increase in prevalence of ENT-related disorders and rise in adoption of surgical navigation systems among ambulatory settings. Neurosurgery navigation system held the largest market share in 2015, accounting for more than two-fifths share, owing to high adoption rate of navigation systems in neurosurgical procedures.
Key Findings of Surgical Navigation Systems Market
- In 2015, neurology navigation systems segment led the market, accounting for more than two-fifths of the global surgical navigation systems market.
- North America accounted for the largest market share in 2015, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- Hospital segment held the largest market share in 2015, accounting for more than three-fourths share.
- U.S. was the major shareholder in the North American market, and is expected to grow at the CAGR of 5.9%.
- The global electromagnetic navigation systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9%.
North America accounted for the largest market share in 2015, that is, nearly half of the global surgical navigation systems market, due to presence of a well-established healthcare system, higher adoption of healthcare information technologies, and increase in the number of neurological & orthopedic disorders. Asia-Pacific possesses maximum growth potential as key players focus on emerging economies and improving healthcare infrastructure in this region.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of key players operating in this market such as Medtronic plc (Ireland), Stryker Corporation (U.S.), Brainlab AG (Germany), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Scopis GmbH (Germany), Fiagon AG (Germany), Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), Amplitude Surgical (France), Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), and Siemens Healthineers (Germany).