Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are aircraft/drones which are does not require a pilot in the aircraft to fly it and can be remotely piloted or can be fully autonomic. Virtual take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft does are able to take-off and land vertically and, then transit into a horizontal flight without compromising endurance or efficiency. Fixed-wing VTOL UAV are similar to helicopter, and it includes a multirotor with at least four propellers. Moreover, it is more beneficial than other traditional aircraft as they are not dependent on any runway infrastructure. The vehicle is primarily built for low take-off weight and great aerodynamic performance. The center of gravity placement in relation to the neutral point is used to determine aerodynamic design stages, wing, and static stability sizes. Furthermore, military is the prominent end-user of fixed-wing VTOL aircraft that enables them to carry their troops to any location as and when required. The manufacturers of unmanned aerial vehicles are also using the hybrid technology for better endurance and speed. In addition, the manufacturers and research organizations are focused on developing electric fixed-wing VTOL aircraft which is more cost-effective and is commercialized for various industries. This will also help in enhancing the endurance for the requirement of longer flights.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Due to COVID-19 pandemic government across the all the major countries have announced lockdown leading to various business shutdowns. This has led to disruption in manufacturing of defense equipment. Moreover, due to economic slowdown and more focus on health budget many countries have reduced their defense budget thus affecting the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market. Furthermore, due lockdown there was unavailability of raw materials required for manufacturing of the fixed-wing VTOL UAV. In addition, due to social distancing & travelling restriction norms there was unavailability of skilled labor required for developing of software for the fixed-wing VTOL UAV. Defense is an evolving sector which had a slight setback due to the pandemic, but it is expected to recover post pandemic and drive growth of the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in use of fixed-wing VTOL UAV for military, rise in advanced patrolling of marine borders, and rise in government investment is expected to drive growth of the market.
- However, lack of appropriate air traffic management for VTOL UAVs and a shortage of skilled professionals to operate VTOL UAVs can hamper growth of the market.
- Moreover, emerging applications of UAVs in the commercial sector, rise in demand for better combat operation efficiency, and rise in R&D for new & advanced technology act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in use of fixed-wing VTOL UAV for military
Rise in threat terrorist attacks has increased the use VTOL UAVs for surveillance and tactical missions. Since, these UAVs can independently and safely take off and land vertically within small area they can perform effectively in the most difficult terrain with minimal noise. For instance, in 2018, national security contractor Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) and Israel Aerospace Industries Limited (IAI) partnered to co-develop a tactical VTOL UAV system for American tactical UAV market. Furthermore, in February 2020, UMS SKELDAR, a joint venture between defense company Saab AB and UAV manufacturer UMS AERO GROUP. The company launched UMS SKELDAR’s new unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), the Skeldar V-150. It is designed to support tactical operations for surveillance, emergency response, homeland security and defense. The vehicle has two payload bays which offer great flexibility to accommodate multiple combination of sensors and has endurance of more than 4 hours. Thus, rise in use of fixed-wing VTOL UAV in military & defense are expected to drive growth of the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
The Fixed-Wing VTOL UAV Market Report Highlights
By Operating Mode
By Propulsion Type
Key Market Players
Threod Systems, Lockheed Martin, ALTI UAS, Latitude Engineering, Quantum Systems, Vertical Technologies, Textron Inc, Bluebird Aero Systems LTD, Arcturus UAV, UKRSPECSYSTEMS