Webcam Market Outlook – 2027
A webcam is a web camera or a video camera, which streams images or videos in real time. Thus it is a video feeding camera which is in built in laptops and can be attached on the desktop. It uses internet as a mode to stream and share images and videos over PCs or laptops. As webcams capture detailed images and record videos, they are equipped with semiconductor chips and high-resolution lenses.
Thus, they find their applications in video conference, security and surveillance, visual marketing, entertainment, live events and others in industries such as healthcare, tourism, retail shopping centers, and enterprises. Innovations in the electronic systems and camera technology will pave the way for improved webcams.
The global webcam market is segmented on the basis of technology, product, application, end users and region. Based on technology, the market is divided into digital and analog. In terms of product, the market is categorized into wireless and USB. On the basis of application, the market is divided into video conference, security & surveillance, visual marketing, entertainment, live events, and others.
On the basis of end users the market is divided healthcare, tourism, retail, enterprises, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global webcam industry include Lenovo, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Cisco Systems, Canon Inc., D-Link Systems Inc., Microsoft, Logitech, Sony Corporation, Razer Inc., Xiaomi, and others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global webcam market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global webcam market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new webcams as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for webcams are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced webcams to enhance efficiency.
Top Impacting Factors
The major drivers for the growth of the market are the increased adoption of these cameras in visual marketing, video conferencing, entertainment and live events. But, continuous product developments and high cost of the industrial webcams may hinder the market growth. Moreover, Easy installation, growing security concerns, increase in usage in smart projects such as smart homes and others and also as they are inexpensive are the other factors which boost the webcam market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Webcam Market
StreamCam, a new webcam was launched by Logitech recently. It is specially designed for content creators and streamers. It features flexible mounting options, USB-C connectivity and 1080/60 fps video. It also has other features such as AI enabled smart framing, facial recognition, Full HD vertical video and others.
It enhances exposure and stabilization when used with Logitech Capture. It helps people create amazing content as video has become a primary way for people to express themselves. Thus, it helps creators to share their passion with the world. Thus, this product flourished the webcam market.
Surge in Usage in Visual Marketing and Healthcare Industry
There has been surge in the usage of webcam in visual marketing industry as it helps in generating more engagement between clients and brands. Webcam is used for connecting to consumers through videos, images, infographics, graphics, logos and signs which is more appealing to consumers in visual marketing.
In addition, it is easy to analyses the overall web page engagement and how users are browsing the website, owing to emergence of webcam-based eye tracking technology. Moreover, its usage has also increased by the telehealth service providers for remote patient monitoring and video consultation in the healthcare sector.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global webcam industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global webcam market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global webcam market forecast scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global webcam market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Webcam Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the webcam market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the webcam market trends?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Webcam Market Report Highlights
By Communication type
Key Market Players
D-Link Systems Inc., Microsoft, Lenovo, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Canon Inc., Logitech, Razer Inc., Cisco Systems, Xiaomi, Sony Corporation