1-Decanol comes from a group of long chain aliphatic alcohols inside a carbon chain length of C6-24. It features solubilizing or emulsifying characteristics, and can be utilized as anti-spalling agent in concrete. It is a superior lubricating agent. 1-Decanol is also utilized as antifoam and raw material for organic based wetting agents. It is a pale liquid substance, which is flammable. 1-Decanol is promptly biodegradable and thus degrades in the environment. The biodegradability of 1-Decanol is anticipated to boost its usage in personal care and polymer processing utilization. Nonetheless, it is acutely toxic and hence is harmful for marine life. When collected in large quantities, it might cause death of marine organisms. It causes soft skin irritation when open. 1-Decanol is also utilized in cleaning agents and coatings; nevertheless, the concentration of 1-decanol is mostly low in cleaning agents. Various other names for 1- Decanol are Decyl Alcohol; n-Decanol; primary Decyl Alcohol; Decylic Alcohol; n- Decyl Alcohol; Capric Alcohol; and Alcohol C-10.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- In 2020, the outbreak of COVID-19 has affected the global economy and various industries altogether. The pandemic has an adverse impact on the 1-decanol market. The demand was decreased over 2020, due to COVID-19. The major utilization of 1-decanol observed downturn in their respective demand and it affected the demand of 1-decanol. Nevertheless, the demand for 1-decanol is anticipated to increase, with the relaxation of obstruction on industrial operations and the lockdown during the forecast period.
- Market capitalization of natural 1-decanol has risen in surfactant-based industries, such as personal care & cosmetics and soaps & detergents. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there is growing consciousness regarding the use of home & personal care products. The production of plastic has decreased with the all-time low in oil prices due to lockdown implementation because of COVID-19. Moreover, the altering focus of the manufacturers toward new technologies hinder the growth of the antimicrobial plastics market.
Top Impacting Factors
The demand for surfactant-based items, such as detergents and washing soaps, has grown substantially. The demand for soaps, hand sanitizers, and other personal care items is rising as a precautional measure against the spread of coronavirus. 1-Decanol acts as a cosurfactant in several cleaning products. The surface tension lowering is escalated at the presence of 1-decanol. The advanced diffusion characteristics of 1-decanol help easy and swift cleaning. Surfactants with 1-decanol varies high performance in terms of cloud point, density, viscosity, and flashpoint. 1-decanol-supported surfactants are utilized as cleaning and wetting agents in the skin care and pulp & paper industries. The main utilization of 1-decanol surfactants in the textile and cosmetic industries is as a mixturing and emulsifying agent. These functions and characteristics of 1-decanol are anticipated to propel their demand in the household and personal care industry. With the use of innovative technologies, the cost of manufacturing rises substantially, as it requires huge capital to choose new technologies. Increasing social consciousness about the enduringness of plastic in the environment and the acceptance of increasingly rigid rules & regulations are transforming the plastic industry presently.
- The global market for decanol is anticipated to grow over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be a dominant force the decanol market due to the growing demand for personal care products. India and China are anticipated to be the primary consumer of decanol in the Asia-pacific region due to the availability of entrenched end-use industries in the nations of these emerging nations.
- In 2019, Sasol (South Africa) began a new alkoxylation plant in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China. The new manufacturing unit is anticipated to transform and spread out the company’s presently alkoxylation capacity, R&D facility, and technical support capability in Nanjing. This growth is anticipated to aid the company strengthen its position in China and meet the country’s growing demand for specialty chemicals. The project is anticipated to either use branched or linear alcohols to meet customer necessities in utilization, such as detergent, metalworking & lubrication, skincare, and others.
- High economic development, added with growing population, is anticipated to drive the region’s industrial sector. This is anticipated to lead to rise in the market capitalization of surfactant-based industries, such as detergents & cleaners, cosmetics & personal care, and pharmaceuticals. The surge in demand for surfactants is anticipated to boost the regional market for 1-decanol.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 1-Decanol industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 1-Decanol market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 1-Decanol Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed 1-Decanol Market market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the 1-Decanol Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the 1-Decanol Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
1-Decanol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Ecogreen Oleochemicals, Emery Oleochemicals, Berg + Schmidt, Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (KLK Oleo), Musim Mas Holdings, Global Green Chemicals Public, Sasol, P&G Chemicals, Cremer Oleo GmbH, BASF SE
New Japan Chemical, Central Drug House, Chemical Bull, Parchem fine & specialty chemicals