Two-dimensional chromatography is used to separate two complex mixtures. In 2D chromatography, two chromatographic columns are connected in sequence. Complex mixture is passed from first column to the second. One-dimensional (1D) chromatography and two-dimensional (2D) chromatography are two types of instrumental platforms, which produce separations of chemical compounds in complex samples and have a variety of fields with different applications. Two-dimensional (2D) chromatography is an important instrumental platform used to separate two chemical compounds and analyze these samples. 2D chromatography is basically of two types - gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
2D liquid chromatography is performed when very complex mixtures need to be separated. In an online experiment for 2D, high performance liquid chromatography is used for proteomics applications, where a complex mixture of digested proteins has to be analyzed.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in R&D activities, owing to investments by biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical companies; change in the lifestyle of the population; and rise in research and applications of 2D chromatography in various fields are the major factors propelling the growth of 2D chromatography market.
Chromatography manufacturers and research laboratories collaborate together, and this is anticipated to offer significant growth opportunities in the market. Governments are also backing various strategies & activities to diminish ecological contamination and rise in sanitation concerns and the developing oil industry. The 2D chromatography industry has also suffered certain impact due to the slowdown in world economic growth. Additionally, lack in awareness and carefulness also hinders the growth of the market.
New product launches to boost the market
On November 5th, 2019 Waters Corporation launched an Advanced Polymer Chromatography System, which is the first Fully Solvent-Compatible UPLC System. On February 18th, 2020, Shimadzu Corporation released a new Liquid Chromatography GPC System, which provides highly reliable and highly extensible performance in a wide variety of applications.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, ambulatory surgery centers, hospitals, cancer research laboratories, agriculture & food industries, and specialty clinics are the major consumers of the 2D chromatography market. Amongst them, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries are the biggest end users of the market. This is due to the rise in R&D activities along with the increase in importance of chromatography systems for the purifications of proteins, thereby propelling the 2D chromatography market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 2D chromatography market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 2D chromatography market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global 2D chromatography market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the 2D chromatography market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
2D Chromatography Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Restek, Merck, Shimadzu, Agilent Technologies, LECO, Waters, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher, SepSolve Analytical